Where can I see examples of dev portals built on Tyk Cloud?

I’m evaluating API gateways for my employer and among the rest need to learn how we can customize the look and feel of the dev portals. Thanks in advnace

Hi Anton,

we don’t have an example of the portal. This functionality is a bit limited for our Cloud solution (e.g Custom Page templates ) so I suggest you to read through the docs and also -after a bit of digging on the forum- you can find some useful information in the following links:

Set a Home Page
Adding Images

Thanks,
Kos @ Tyk Support Team

Thanks, but then I have some specific questions:

1. How can I change the “Tyk Developer Portal” to our own name and/or logo image?
  2. How can I change the background image?
  3. Is there a way to verify email of developers who sign up?
  4. I’ve noticed that you allow to customize the “From” email account - but how you allow SendGrid to send on behalf of a 3rd party domain? These emails will end up in SPAM otherwise.
  5. Can I change/remove the “Powered by” link?

Thanks in advance,
Anton

Hi Anton,

all of your questions are covered in our documentation, please go through them and let me know if you have any issues.

Portal Customisation.

Thanks,
Kos @ Tyk Support Team

Sorry, I don’t think the docs describe it all. I found answers to 1,2 and 5, but certainly not 3 and 4.
And they happen to be very important - #3 may cause developers typing a wrong email and they won’t know it happened. #4 is even worse - if you can’t make sure that emails won’t end up in SPAM - why allow to change the FROM email at all? It’s not something to be taken lightly. Here’s what I’m talking about - How to set up domain authentication | Twilio.
Alternatively you guys could allow us to plug in our own SendGrid or MailChimp into Tyk Cloud.

Also I don’t see how to change the FAVICON. It’s hardcoded.

Note that we’re on the Tyk Cloud subject, the on premises installation is not relevant for me at the moment.

Thanks in advance,
Anton.

Hi Anton,

You can’t update the SendGrid account informtarion for Cloud, you can specify multiple drivers for email in on-Prem, this is a limitation of Tyk Cloud. We understand the issues with modifyingbthe From field and we are working on finding a better solution. And we do not have an email verification step for the portal Ata lol, though we may add one in future.

As Kos stated, the portals are only configurable using CSS in the hosted solution, you have full control in on-Prem.

Realise that you stated that it isn’t an option for you, but that is the way it is: our cloud offers a certain degree of portal capability and customisation but nowhere near as much as on-Prem, which offers full control.

Thank you. I start to think that on-prem is the way to go then. How the pricing looks like in that case?

Our pricing is really transparent:

Though there might be other things You need - which the account team can help with, let me know if you would like me to put them in touch with you.