Ubuntu Package does not preserve configs

Hi,

Just a quick one. It may be that you consider this by design but it feels to me like a bug.

I’ve just upgraded to 2.2.0.4 of tyk-gateway (was 2.2.0.3) through apt on Ubuntu 14.04, after the upgrade I was surprised to find the gateway not starting.

This turned out to be the fact that the upgrade had overwritten my tyk.conf file, and I had to re-setup and then manually configure my SSL certs again.

It feels to me that the config file should be preserved through upgrades maybe using dpkg?

One for the backlog perhaps? For now we know to backup out tyk.conf file prior to upgrade - thankfully we’re only currently evaluating the product and not in production! :slight_smile:

Thanks,
Richard

1 Like

Hi Richard

Thanks for the feedback, I’ve passed it along to the product team.
There should have been instructions to backup the conf, as part of the docs, but its obviously not clear enough.

We’ll certainly look at options for avoiding this issue in future, whether that is a technical or documentation/guidance fix.

I hope the evaluation is going well, please post over any other suggestions or queries, it all contributes to our roadmap and helps us improve the product and community knowledge.

James

1 Like