Tyk Dashboard API creation with custom domain

Hello,

I am facing a problem with Tyk Dashboard while creating an API.
I want to set Custom Domain field with a subdomain of this pattern “xxx.yyy.zzz.domain.com
This config was accepted before but now the field is red with this message “Please enter a valid hostname value”

How can I make it work again, there are no information about that in the official docs ?

We updated our Tyk Pro platform to these versions:
tyk-gateway 2.4.1
tyk-dashboard 1.4.1

Thanks

Hi,

Unfortunately, it looks like the form validation is too strict here. We will fix this.

As a workaround, you can update the API definition manually via the Dashboard API. Please refer to our Dashboard API documentation for API definitions.

First, you need to GET the API definition by calling /api/apis/{id}, then you need to update the domain element in the JSON document and finally PUT the updated JSON document back by calling /api/apis/{id} again.

You’ll need to authenticate against the API by using the Tyk Dashboard API Access Credentials property of your Dashboard user account in the authorization header.

Regards,
David

Thank you for your quick reply.
Indeed it is working when using Dashboard API manually.
It would be much simplier if we can create and update our APIs via Dashboard GUI.
Hope you can fix it very soon :slight_smile:

Hi Ghrib,

this will be fixed in the next patch release which is due in the next few days.

Thanks,
Kos @ Tyk Support Team

Hi Kos,

When the next patch resolve this bug will release?
Do you have any timeline for this?

Thanks
Tung

I’m pretty sure we fixed this before xmas, let me know if you are having any issues.