Subject: Retrieving API URLs programmatically using Tyk Dashboard API

Hi everyone,

I’m working with Tyk Cloud and I’m interested in programmatically retrieving either the api_url for each API within the Dashboard Gateway. While I can access this information through the user interface, I haven’t been able to find a specific endpoint in the Tyk Dashboard API documentation that directly provides this data.

I’ve searched the documentation and explored various resources, but I’m unsure if there’s a hidden functionality or an alternative approach I might be missing.

• Is there a known way to retrieve either the api_url for all APIs programmatically using the Tyk Dashboard API or the ingress value that is visible in control planes section of Tyk Cloud?
  • If not, are there any alternative approaches or workarounds that can achieve this functionality within Tyk Cloud?

I appreciate any insights or suggestions the community can offer. Thanks in advance for your help!

Yes actually. There is an undocumented dashboard API that retrieves the Host, BasePath and ApiURL values

GET /api/apis/<API ID>/url HTTP/1.1
Accept: */*
Authorization: <Dashboard API Credentials>
Host: <Dashboard Hostname>
1 Like

Thank you very much for your reply. But I need the same API_URL that is displayed on the Tyk API Gateway Dashboard. As for ones that has oas, the same API_URL is returned as the one on dashboard. It is not the case for the undocumented API that you sent.

For ex: i have one row on “Cloud data planes” and it has a column “Ingress”. All the APIs in this cloud data plane has their API_URL as {ingress}/{api_ name}. But i can’t find neither this ingress value, nor the API_URL that is displayed on each api page.

That’s true. The response returned is actually the management gateway. I don’t think there is a way to get the data plane endpoint. The only alternative is you custom map the tags along with their endpoints and use that to generate the API URL.