Query Regarding X-Generator Header Behavior

I’m reaching out regarding an issue I’ve encountered with the X-Generator header in Tyk version 4.3.4.

I was actually trying to call an API path that is not published on our gateway. According to my understanding and the documentation, when Tyk encounters a 404 Not Found error, it should not return the X-Generator header for security reasons. However, I am receiving the X-Generator header in the response along with the 404 status code.

Here are some details about our Tyk configuration:

• Tyk version: 4.3.4
  • The track_404_logs value has not been set to true in our configuration file.
  • Neither have we mentioned anything about hide_generator_header within the same configuration file.

Given these configurations, I am puzzled as to why Tyk is returning the X-Generator header in the case of a 404 error, contrary to what the documentation suggests.

I would greatly appreciate any insights or clarifications on the following points:

1. Under what conditions does Tyk return the X-Generator header in response to a 404 Not Found error?
  2. Is there any specific version of Tyk associated with changes in the behavior of this header?

Any assistance or guidance you can provide would be immensely helpful in resolving this issue. Thank you in advance for your support.

I’m afraid I cannot replicate the experience in my local environment. Could you share your gateway config?