OpenTelemetry support for Tyk

Hi is there any plan to add OpenTelemetry support for Tyk?

Kind regards

1 Like

We do have plans to support this. It is currently on our Todo list but there is no timeline at the moment.

1 Like

Any news here? I’m looking forward this feature.

We still have this in our backlog with no timeline yet. I will keep this thread updated as soon as I get the latest.

hello everyone, thank you for your patience!

We are starting our work on OpenTelemetry. Here are a couple of things we’d love to learn from you:

• Why would you like to get distributed tracing from Tyk API Gateway? How will this make your life easier?
  • Which observability platform/tool are you using (Datadog, Dynatrace, New Relic, Elastic, HoneyComb, Splunk, Lightstep, Jaeger, Grafana Tempo, …)?
  • Do you have any specific requirements (e.g. format being used for trace-context propagation, granularity of the spans we will export, sampling, baggage, …)

Please share your input in this post: FAQ: OpenTelemetry & Distributed tracing

thank you!
Sonja

1 Like

Using prometheus with Grafana would be very useful. A Grafana dashboard that I can just point to Prometheus.

hi @javiertc! I have shared a demo that contains a Grafana dashboard in this post (also contain the link to GitHub) - does this help? or are you looking into getting additional insights?

Sonja

Hi,
It would be very useful to have support for OpenTelemetry.

• Why would you like to get distributed tracing from Tyk API Gateway? How will this make your life easier?
    OpenTelemetry is going to be the standard when it comes to Observability in our system.
  • Which observability platform/tool are you using? Jaeger, Grafana
  • Do you have any specific requirements(e.g. format being used for trace-context propagation, granularity of the spans we will export, sampling, baggage, …)? trace-context propagation and baggage
2 Likes

@sonja YTW do you already have any timeline for supporting OpenTelemetry ?

Hi @Uri_Parush, at the moment we are targeting end of Q1 2023.

Keep on eye on this post for any updates: FAQ: OpenTelemetry & Distributed tracing

Right now, we are looking at Q2/Q3 for the availability of this feature.

Keep on eye on this post for any updates: FAQ: OpenTelemetry & Distributed tracing