Dashboard 0.9.4 doesn't seem to work in Safari

Imported Google Group message. Original thread at: https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/tyk-community-support/C5bdA9VSBwc Import Date: 2016-01-19 21:11:02 +0000.
Sender:Emmanuel Nyberg.
Date:Monday, 4 May 2015 08:55:47 UTC+1.

Hi,

We recently upgraded to Tyk 1.6 and the 0.9.4 dashboard. I made a new docker container which connects to the same database I’ve been using for Tyk 1.5, but when I log in to the dashboard with Safari, I only see the leftmost column, but nothing in the “main” field of the dashboard, as seen in the attached screenshot.
Firefox and Chrome works fine.

I’ve cleared all browser cache and tried with two versions of Safari, and I see the same behaviour. Should I raise a bug or has someone gotten 0.9.4 to work in Safari?

Imported Google Group message.
Sender:Martin Buhr.
Date:Monday, 4 May 2015 10:13:17 UTC+1.

Hi,

Eek! Looks like a bug, we very very rarely use Safari which may be causing your issues. You say it works fine in Chrome and FF?

Which installer are you using (our automated docker, tarball or Deb) and for which platform?

Can you raise it on our GH tracker and we’ll have a test and see what can be done.

Thanks,
Martin

Date:Monday, 4 May 2015 13:50:49 UTC+1.

Hi,

I’ve posted this as an issue on GitHub, and linked my Docker config (although I’m running with external Mongo and Redis, but otherwise the same configs.
Thanks!

• show quoted text -

Date:Monday, 4 May 2015 14:09:02 UTC+1.

Hi Emmanuel,

Great thanks :slight_smile:

Could you check that chrome and ff work with a clean cache? The thing is it looks like there are resources missing, and if they are also missing in FF and Chrome then the binary is broken :-/

Thanks,
Martin

Date:Monday, 4 May 2015 14:52:38 UTC+1.

Right,

It was a misplaced comma in the last build :frowning:

We’ve updated the release for the dashboard to 0.9.4.2 which addresses the issue. The problem was basically a syntax error that stopped the rest of the JS from loading, which is why it failed. This should have happened to all browsers, but I think some are more forgiving than others.

Latest version in the 1.6 release file list, our official docker build has been updated as well: Release is here: https://github.com/lonelycode/tyk/releases/download/1.6/tyk-dashboard-amd64-v0.9.4.2.tar.gz

Cheers,
Martin

• show quoted text -

Date:Monday, 4 May 2015 14:55:29 UTC+1.

Hi Martin,

Thanks for finding the error, and thanks for being so quick about it!

On Monday, May 4, 2015 at 9:55:47 AM UTC+2, Emmanuel Nyberg wrote:

• show quoted text -