White/black listing on Key level (OSS)

It is possible to white/black list on the API key level as in API definition json?

"white_list": [....]

Do you mean IP address or endpoint allow / block list?

I mean in the key definition. It is possible to white/black list endpoints?
All I could find in the docs is “allowed_urls”. OK, this is kind a “white list”.

"access_rights": {
        "sample-service": {
            "api_name": "Sample service API",
            "api_id": "sample-service",
            "versions": [
                "Default"
            ],
            "allowed_urls": [
                {
                    "url": "/v1/info/(.*)",
                    "methods": [
                        "GET"
                    ]
                }
            ], ...

I mean in the key definition. It is possible to white/black list endpoints?

Yes

All I could find in the docs is “allowed_urls”. OK, this is kind a “white list”.

Does this work for your use case?

Where can I find examples for white/black listing in key definition?

I am not sure we do but I created one. I have added the links the below. There are two main thing to note when using the allowed_urls.

1. The URLs or paths have to be defined in the API definition file in the extended_paths section. A simple track end point or do not track endpoint middleware will do the trick.
  2. It works as an allow list. If a path or URL is not included then it is marked as blocked or restricted from access

Sample Key Definition

Sample API definition

Hope it helps

Huh, not really…
API definition should stay simple and include all endpoints (don’t want 100+ endpoint explicitly defined in API definition).
On the Key definition level I want to limit the access to some endpoints.

E.g.
Hi access key xxxxx → access to all endpoints
Low access key yyyyyy → blocked access to let say: /admin/(.*), but allowed to all other

I see one way doing this with “allowed_urls” on API key definition to somehow “negate” regExp on the /admin endpoint.

Agreed. I didn’t understand the number of APIs involved and the full context. Were you able to get this solved?

Nope. Just white listing with “allowed_urls”, but for big APIs would be better to just black list few endpoints or resources under E.g. /admin/*.

I think you can achieve the same thing with regex as you say. With regex, you don’t have to add anything to the extended paths. I have a sample here that blocks anything with a sub path that starts with /echo. The regex syntax must be in go.

You would simply have to change the url field to be

^/<LISTEN-PATH>/([^a]|a[^d]|d[^m]|m[^i]|i[^n]|n).*

Let me know if it works for you