Where can I find tyk binary?

Hello Everyone,

I am trying to install tyk on Debian 9 without using docker, I saw there is deb package for Debian Jessie (which is Debian 8) but not for Debian Stretch (Debian 9).

With this quick start I am not able to install it. Could not find package with sudo apt-get install tyk-gateway.

Trying to use Debian 8 deb package is downloading tyk binary in /opt/tyk-gateway (with a lot of other stuff) and I am not sure it will react as I want.

Is there a path to find the tyk binary as it is possible with other go projects: Terraform, Kubernetes, etc… ?

Hi Marc

Couple of things you could do here:

1. Just use our ubuntu install guide as that definitely works for deb 9 (you might need to apt update && apt install -y curl first)

2. The script from packagecloud will write whatever distro and version its running on into the repo definition which is currently stretch so you need to change it to jessie in /etc/apt/sources.list.d/tyk_tyk-gateway.list

Thanks
Josh

Hello Josh,

First, thank you for your fast answer. If I understood well your solution is to install curl and use the step again. That will work but it’s not what I want because I will need to patch what is done by the script. :confused:

I deep dive in the script and all it is doing is add the apt repository and trust the gpg key. I installed tyk-gateway using that method but I have a few problem with that:

• I don’t have a clear view of what is installed and where. Could not find it in documentation.
  • I want to set a specific user for tyk. Didn’t see a specific a specific user at install (I might have missed it)
  • I want to choose the path in which installation, configuration, etc will be done and manage rights on the different path

I would like to download the binary and install it myself. that is why I asked if there is a way to find and download the binary.

If you want to download the package unpack and place the files where you want them to be then you are free to do that if it helps. We have to package as there is more than just a binary in what we release - so unfortunately just downloading the binary is not possible.

Ok I will work on it thank you Josh :slight_smile: