What is the different between On-Premises and tyk Enterprise

what is the different between On-Premises and yk Enterprise?

I can find the following message on tyk docs: Manage a single Tyk API Gateway node

my question is who manage the single Tyk API Gateway?
does this mean i can only use one tyk api gateway for loadbalance even without the use of dashboard

Hi Lex

Tyk API Gateway is fully open source and available under the MPL2 licence. You can run it headless and scale as you wish, configuring with files and the command line.
The same open source gateway is used in all Tyk deployments.

If you wish to use the API Management product ( the dashboard and portal) with the gateway, then a licence is required. Developer licences to manage a single gateway are free, but if you want to manage two or more gateways with the dashboard - then fees apply.

Hope that helps?

Hi James, thanks for your quick answer.

In my understanding, two api gateway(tow node) use the same mongo db and redis, and dashboard manage one of the api gateway, because the gateways are use the same datastore, so i can manage the two gateway via one of the gateway with a free licences. i don’t understand why i need a licences to allow dashboard manage two api gateway, what is the difference between these two methods?

Hi

Sorry - I just saw this reply.

Tyk dashboard is paid software, not open source.

Tyk allows developers to use the dashboard to manage a single gateway for free, so they can build POCs, demos, etc.

But when putting Tyk dashboard into production or when managing more than one gateway, a paid licence is required.

James