Username and password after fresh install on Ubuntu

I hope this is not too silly a question… I installed Tyk on Ubuntu 16.04. and all went fine. Now, Dashboard prompts for a username and a password. Is there a default username / password?

I might have found the problem. When running the bootstrap script, I get the following:

root@ubuntu-server-16041:~# /opt/tyk-dashboard/install/bootstrap.sh Creating Organisation Traceback (most recent call last): File "<string>", line 1, in <module> File "/usr/lib/python2.7/json/__init__.py", line 291, in load **kw) File "/usr/lib/python2.7/json/__init__.py", line 339, in loads return _default_decoder.decode(s) File "/usr/lib/python2.7/json/decoder.py", line 364, in decode obj, end = self.raw_decode(s, idx=_w(s, 0).end()) File "/usr/lib/python2.7/json/decoder.py", line 382, in raw_decode raise ValueError("No JSON object could be decoded") ValueError: No JSON object could be decoded ORGID: Adding new user Traceback (most recent call last): File "<string>", line 1, in <module> File "/usr/lib/python2.7/json/__init__.py", line 291, in load **kw) File "/usr/lib/python2.7/json/__init__.py", line 339, in loads return _default_decoder.decode(s) File "/usr/lib/python2.7/json/decoder.py", line 364, in decode obj, end = self.raw_decode(s, idx=_w(s, 0).end()) File "/usr/lib/python2.7/json/decoder.py", line 382, in raw_decode raise ValueError("No JSON object could be decoded") ValueError: No JSON object could be decoded USER AUTH: Traceback (most recent call last): File "<string>", line 1, in <module> File "/usr/lib/python2.7/json/__init__.py", line 291, in load **kw) File "/usr/lib/python2.7/json/__init__.py", line 339, in loads return _default_decoder.decode(s) File "/usr/lib/python2.7/json/decoder.py", line 364, in decode obj, end = self.raw_decode(s, idx=_w(s, 0).end()) File "/usr/lib/python2.7/json/decoder.py", line 382, in raw_decode raise ValueError("No JSON object could be decoded") ValueError: No JSON object could be decoded NEW ID: Setting password

Any idea?

Hi Ralf,

I’ve just tried replicating this issue on a virtual machine and though I receive the same error, I am still able to see a username and password in the terminal. Can you please confirm as to whether you’re unable to see login credentials beneath the word “DONE” in the terminal?

Regards,

Jess @ Tyk

I did see a username and password but that was not accepted. I resolved it by giving bootstrap the correct hostname. I can now log into my Dashboard and it looks wonderful. However, when I try to access the Developer Portal, all I see is a blank page with “Not Found”…

Hi Ralf,

Are you able to confirm that the host that you’re using to navigate to the developer portal is the same as the one you used to run the bootstrap script?

Regards,

Jess @ Tyk