User edit doesn't work

Imported Google Group message. Original thread at: Redirecting to Google Groups Import Date: 2016-01-19 21:25:35 +0000.
Sender:Edward Suárez.
Date:Monday, 28 September 2015 20:14:41 UTC+1.

Hi, I run the tyk_quickstart.sh file and everything seems perfect but I realize the edit button doesnt work. how can i debug that?
thanks

Imported Google Group message.
Sender:Martin Buhr.
Date:Tuesday, 29 September 2015 04:34:00 UTC+1.

Hi Edward,

Odd - best thing to do is to check what’s happening in the developer console to see if it’s throwing errors.

What’s the actual behaviour and what browser are you using?

Also a screenshot would help.

Cheers,
Martin

Sender:Marcus Baw.
Date:Tuesday, 29 September 2015 13:12:16 UTC+1.

User edit doesn’t appear to work on the cloud hosted platform either!
I was also unable to create an Account key for a co-worker I was trying to add as an Admin user.

Marcus

• show quoted text -

Date:Tuesday, 29 September 2015 13:26:17 UTC+1.

BTW I am using latest Firefox (41.0) on Linux Mint 17.2. Nothing happens when the Edit button is clicked in the Users and Access panel

Using Chrome it does work.

M

• show quoted text -

• show quoted text -

You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups “Tyk Community Support” group.
To unsubscribe from this topic, visit https://groups.google.com/d/topic/tyk-community-support/_tgTLQEdADQ/unsubscribe.
To unsubscribe from this group and all its topics, send an email to [email protected].
To view this discussion on the web, visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tyk-community-support/0c71b595-5452-412d-ac12-ef09bf1dfc73%40googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

Date:Tuesday, 29 September 2015 13:26:33 UTC+1.

Hi Guys,

We just tried creating a new user in the admin dashboard (System Managmeent → Users → Add User) and it worked just fine - all fields are required.

Could you let me know which browser you are using?

You can always raise a ticket with us at [email protected] so we can look into your account in more detail.

Cheers,
Martin

• show quoted text -

Date:Tuesday, 29 September 2015 13:30:05 UTC+1.

Ok, might be a front-end bug we’ll need to address in Firefox. Suggest you use chrome until we have it fixed gents :slight_smile: If you could raise a github issue that would be very helpful.

Cheers,
Martin

• show quoted text -

Date:Tuesday, 29 September 2015 13:30:10 UTC+1.

Creating users seems to work fine.

When I try to Edit the user (in Firefox) it doesn’t work (nothing happens, and nothing in the browser console)
When I try to edit the user (In Chrome) I can access the Edit pages, and change password, however the change doesn’t appear to be saved since I can’t subsequently log in using the changed credentials

M

• show quoted text -

Date:Tuesday, 29 September 2015 13:39:20 UTC+1.

Hi Marcus,

We just tested with the latest version of FF (On Windows admittedly), and the edit button works, as does saving and updating a user. It may be specific to the Linux version (also, the button is a link, maybe click the text, not the button?)

With regards to the user creds not working - you will need to create the user, then reset the users password for them to have access.

Many thanks,
Martin

Date:Tuesday, 29 September 2015 13:45:26 UTC+1.

Last update on this: Issue has been replicated and will go into a ticket to fix. Seems to affect FF only.

Sender:Edward Suárez.
Date:Tuesday, 29 September 2015 14:11:45 UTC+1.

In chrome everything seems to work fine, the reset key also works (y). Thanks,

• show quoted text -