Tyk v3.2 Release

:rocket: We’ve released Tyk version 3.2! :rocket:

You can read all the details on our release notes page.

2 Likes

This is a really exciting release.
Tyk now supports DCR - Dynamic Client Registration so you can connect your developer portal with a third party IDP
Tyk also now supports OPA - Open Policy Agent
You can also inject headers and limit depth queries in GraphQL and a host of Universal Data Graph improvements

Packages have been removed for this release temporarily - we will have them back up asap!

We released 3.2.1 Patch for the Gateway, which should fix docker and plugin issues.

Hey I’m wondering if there’s any documentation that shows how to inject client headers into the request to the upstream in a universal data graph API. I see the option to add a header key and value but I’m not sure how to reference the client headers from there. Any help would be much appreciated!

Hi @mpb01e,

I ran this past our internal UDG team and they’ve come back with this:
This can be done using the template syntax:
{{ .request.headers.header_name }} So for example, if the client is sending an header authorization then the value can be used with the template: {{ .request.headers.authorization }}

Should be on this page here:
https://tyk.io/docs/tyk-apis/tyk-gateway-api/api-definition-objects/graphql/

Thanks. G

Hey @Gregor,

It looks like when I use that syntax the header is passing through the literal string “{{ .request.headers.authorization }}” rather than the value of that field. I’ve double checked that I’m using gateway v3.2.1 and my api definition contains the following:

"headers": [
            {
              "key": "Authorization",
              "value": "{{ .request.headers.Authorization }}"
            }
          ]

Any ideas on what could be going wrong?

Hi @mpb01e, just following up on the issue. Did you get this resolved?

@Olu I’m still seeing the same behavior

@mpb01e

I was able to get it to work on v3.2.1. So could you share your API definition for me to try it and compare it with mine

Additionally when sharing it, could you assist with starting a new thread to help with visibility and referencing.