Tyk gateway not supporting non UTF-8 characters

Hi @Yogesh_Tolani, @Mohit_Kumar

Thank you for your patience.

While we’ve been able to reproduce the marshal error, we’re not able to confirm a difference in behaviour of the Gateway between v2.5.1 and 4.3.4.
We see the marshal error on both v2.5.1 and v4.3.1 when we use Gitbash on Windows. But there’s no error when using the Command Prompt.

This leads us to believe it’s an issue with Gitbash, not necessarily Windows - perhaps Gitbash isn’t properly utilising the character set available in the operating system. I’ve done some research and come across this post. Unfortunately, implementing one of the solutions mentioned made no difference in my test, but maybe you’d have a better experience.

I’ve created this repo containing the setup I’ve used to perform the tests across both versions. It contains gateway, API def and policy def. I’ve used one of our official grpc plugins for the grpc server. Please check through if I’ve missed anything.

We would generally recommend channelling research efforts towards Git Bash as it seems to be the outlier among calling clients. If that’s not the case, please let us know what other clients are experiencing the issue.

Let us know how you get on.