Tyk Docker expose to outside world

Imported Google Group message. Original thread at: Redirecting to Google Groups Import Date: 2016-01-19 21:26:53 +0000.
Sender:Kasinath Nalla.
Date:Wednesday, 14 October 2015 00:39:03 UTC+1.

Hi,
Based on the documentation, it worked and I was able to curl on the docker machine. But when I try to access from the other machine (http://testorg.tyk.docker:8888/portal/) then its not working… What I can do to get this able to access from other machine?

Thanks,
Kasinath

Imported Google Group message.
Sender:Martin Buhr.
Date:Wednesday, 14 October 2015 07:59:25 UTC+1.

Hi Kasinath,
I replied to the other thread with the same advice, so here goes:
The docker QuickStart is really only meant for a local machine.
If you want to run it with a real domain name (from the outside), first off you’ll need to run it on a host that has an IP visible from the Internet (so nothing behind a firewall or NAT).
Then, get a domain and set the A record to your host IP.
Then modify the QuickStart compose yaml to set the environment variable called DOMAINALIAS to your domain so that when it bootstraps the installation it sets up the nginx templates properly.
You should then be able to run it out on the Internet :wink:
Cheers,
Martin

Sender:Kasinath Nalla.
Date:Wednesday, 14 October 2015 07:59:25 UTC+1.

Hi Kasinath,
I replied to the other thread with the same advice, so here goes:
The docker QuickStart is really only meant for a local machine.
If you want to run it with a real domain name (from the outside), first off you’ll need to run it on a host that has an IP visible from the Internet (so nothing behind a firewall or NAT).
Then, get a domain and set the A record to your host IP.
Then modify the QuickStart compose yaml to set the environment variable called DOMAINALIAS to your domain so that when it bootstraps the installation it sets up the nginx templates properly.
You should then be able to run it out on the Internet :wink:
Cheers,
Martin

Sender:Martin Buhr.
Date:Wednesday, 14 October 2015 16:08:46 UTC+1.

Thanks Martin.

• show quoted text -