Tyk Docker after mongo and redis restart

Hi all,

I don’t think it’s a Tyk issue but hoping someone has run into the problem and has a solution.

We’ve been running a Tyk instance in front of our API for a few months now. But the machine we’re running on was rebooted recently and we now cannot get it restarted. I’ve brought up the mongo and redis db’s and they seem to be able to accept connections from the host and from other containers. However, if I try to start a new container that uses the link flag to connect to the mongo and redis containers (e.g. tyk_gateway), the new container fails with exit code 128 and the very uninformative error Exit Status 1.

Anyone seen this and have any idea what can be done to fix it?

Thanks,
Ian.

Have you tailed the logfile (or not started it as daemon) to see what errors Tyk is giving you?

Hi Martin,

I started it in interactive mode “docker run -t -i --name tyk_gateway -p 8080:8080 --link tyk_redis:redis --link tyk_mongo:mongo tykio/tyk-gateway”

And didn’t get any output only “FATA[0000] Error response from daemon: Cannot start container 11d8c47bfe5808e459be43f0f05b5799d15a9c65912dd3b4e40645312e338f0e: (exit status 1)” from docker.

I think it’s a docker issue as I can’t start any container where I try to link the mongo or redis containers - but was hoping someone might have seen it and new some clever solution :slightly_smiling:

Thanks,
Ian.

Ok did a little more rummaging and I think I can see what’s going on.

The “/var/log/docker.log” file has a line just before the failure:

“-iptables failed: iptables -t filter -A DOCKER -i cbr0 -o cbr0 -p tcp -s xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx -d yyy.yyy.yyy.yyy --dport 27017 -j ACCEPT: iptables: No chain/target/match by that name.”

Looks like resolving the iptables issue should resolve this.

Thanks,
Ian.