Tyk-dashboard not connecting properly on Kubernetes

Hi Community,

I tried to this readme to install Tyk on Kubernetes : GitHub - TykTechnologies/tyk-kubernetes: Tyk + Kubernetes integration (guide).
The point is I encouter the same problem as this guy : Tyk-dashboard not connecting properly · Issue #6 · TykTechnologies/tyk-kubernetes · GitHub

in short : the dashboard is not accessible at the external IP used by the service though everything seems to be well configured.

any idea on how to solve this problem ?

thanks by advance

Hi Thomas

We’ll take a look at this for you now and get back with questions / suggestions asap.

Thanks

James

1 Like

It might take be worth changing the value of REDIGOCLUSTER_SHARDCOUNT to 256

Sometimes in certain docker environments the redis cluster map hashing locks - it’s a very odd and we’re still trying to find root cause.

Hi Martin,

thanks for the advice, I deleted all in tyk namespace, changed the yaml configs and recreate all but the dashboard is still unreachable.

could our provide a log dunpnof both the dashboard and the gateway?

It might help is figure things out.

I’m facing the same issue. I tried also to set REDIGOCLUSTER_SHARDCOUNT to 256 but doesn’t help. Anyone know how to troubleshoot it?

I am facing the same problem. It used to work a month ago but now that I’ve restarted the pod is not working anymore… any advice?

Finally, I’ve managed to solve it.
The reason is tyk-dashboard container not connecting to mongo container because its bind ip is localhost by default.
You’ve to edit command instruction in tyk-kubernetes/mongo.yaml at master · TykTechnologies/tyk-kubernetes · GitHub for

command: [“mongod”, “–smallfiles”, “–bind_ip”, “0.0.0.0”]

It will be able to communicate now.

3 Likes