Tyk Dashboard Installed but not on WWW

Hello,

After much trouble I finally got tyk self managed installed on ubuntu (not my preference of software couldn’t get CentOS to work with tyk).

If I check the status it says its running fine along with the gate way but when I go to my IP:3000, it doesn’t show up.

I specified to use my specific IP during the install scripts in the --domain=“XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX” option but still cant connect.

Sadly server is remote so localhost isn’t an option

I checked and the IP is reachable via a ping from an external networked device and the port 3000 is open

Hi @mwalton,

Are you able to provide the complete command you used to install the dashboard?

sudo /opt/tyk-dashboard/install/setup.sh --listenport=3000 --redishost=localhost --redisport=6379 --mongo=mongodb://localhost/tyk_analytics --tyk_api_hostname=$HOSTNAME --tyk_node_hostname=http://localhost --tyk_node_port=8080 --portal_root=/portal --domain="XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX"

of course i replaced the domain=“” with my servers IP

Anyone have anything?

Hi @mwalton
Could you run " netstat -na|grep 3000 " on the Ubuntu OS. If the port status is " LISTENING" then
$ sudo ufw disable, and try again from a browser IP_ADDRESS:3000 . If it doesn’t work could you add the mongodb port and re-run the install script
–mongo=mongodb://MONGODB_IP_ADDR:MONGODB_PORT/tyk_analytics