Tyk Cloud is live and in open beta - An invitation to our community

Imported Google Group message. Original thread at: Redirecting to Google Groups Import Date: 2016-01-19 21:45:41 +0000.
Sender:Martin Buhr.
Date:Friday, 5 June 2015 16:08:11 UTC+1.

Hi Everyone,

I’m really happy to announce tht we’re ready to unveil the beta of Tyk Cloud - a SaaS version of Tyk.

It’s all the things that are great about Tyk, bundled, managed and set up for you.

Before I get into the meat of it - I’d like to stress: we’re not going to stop working on the open source version of tyk, in fact, we want the cloud version to help us get more users, more feedback and ultimately make the project even better with new features in the future and accelarate growth.

Tyk Cloud is entirely built on a very slightly advanced version of Tyk, Tyk Dashboard and Host manager - essentially what would become v1.7 - with no custom, cloud-only features. We intend this trait to go on into the future so that the two are always a solid reflection of each other. The reason is twofold: Tyk Cloud is a technical showcase as well as a way to help us fund ongoing work on the project, they must tally in order to be really effective.

This is a beta, and not all features are available in a hosted version (e.g. dynamic middleware), for obvious reasons, but we think it fills a gap for users that want to get up and running quickly, get a gateway and portal set up and ramp up their API strategy before diving head-first into the quagmire that is Docker, NginX, Redis and MongoDB.

Our whole set up is sitting on AWS, automaticlly scales, is backed by an Elasticache cluster and a replicated, auto-scaling MongoDB instance. We’ve put it through it’s paces and made sure it can handle load, and all connections that go through it are encrypted, all guest API’s are covered by our SSL cert, so comms are encrypted end to end.

We’re pretty happy with it, we hoe you are too :slight_smile:

Tyk Cloud is free to use, and I’m really hoping that the community will get involved - which is why I’m writing this little note, as you are the core group of people that have contributed to the project with pull requests, testing, bug reports and feature requests - we wouldn’t have been able to evolve Tyk without your input, and we don’t want that to change.

The community is the beating heart of this project, and so we’re offering everyone in the group early access to try out Tyk Cloud (others need to apply via a very dull form on the site), it’s an invite based system, so each of you will get your own invites to distribute, so you can share the love if you really like it.

If you’d like to get an involved, shoot me a reply to this email and I’ll send you an invite code.

If you have any questions, reservations, or worries. Then let me know, we’re very open about this project, as it wouldn’t be possible without you.

Cheers,
Martin

Imported Google Group message.
Sender:[email protected].
Date:Friday, 11 December 2015 21:36:09 UTC.

Hi,

In our organisation , we are using tyk for api management and autho 2.0 , due to redis persistence problem , i decided to move to tyk cloud . The proposal seems to benefit . Please mail me the invite code . I will get right on it

Thanks
Kalyan

• show quoted text -

Date:Friday, 11 December 2015 21:39:00 UTC.

You won’t need one, there’s no invite code needed anymore :slight_smile:

Martin

• show quoted text -

• show quoted text -

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups “Tyk Community Support” group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to [email protected].
To view this discussion on the web, visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tyk-community-support/9de553b3-5519-4721-a617-898ca13d53bd%40googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

Sender:Kalyan Kuramana.
Date:Friday, 11 December 2015 21:58:14 UTC.

hi,

do you think using hybrid deployment will solve my problem

• show quoted text -

Date:Friday, 11 December 2015 22:01:28 UTC.

Hi Kalyan,

Nope - the hybrid API is restricted.

Cheers,
Martin

• show quoted text -