Tyk API Gateway 1.9 - Everything you've been waiting for

Imported Google Group message. Original thread at: Redirecting to Google Groups Import Date: 2016-01-19 21:45:33 +0000.
Sender:Martin Buhr.
Date:Thursday, 3 December 2015 09:12:14 UTC.

Hi Everyone,

For those that aren’t on the mailing list - we have some great news! For hose that are, we’re sorry you have to read this twice!

It’s been quite some time since our last release, but we’ve been trying to make things better and easier for everyone to get started - so hopefully these announcements will cheer everyone up :slight_smile:

For those who want all the dirty details, check out our blog post on this release, and the change log discussing everything that has changed as well as upgrade notes for users of v1.8.
With no further ado:

Uptime Awareness
Tyk can now track, analyse, graph and react to your service uptime and downtime status by actively monitoring your hosts and services. By no means a replacement for traditional host monitoring tools, this feature gives Tyk an active sensing capability to better understand the health of the hosts it is proxying to.

Integrated Domain Management
The host manager is gone, we’ve sacked it. Well, not really, it’s been retired and replaced by fully internalised domain name handling, both Tyk, and Tyk Dashboard can now bind APIs, portals and control APIs to their own domains for full, integrated control straight from the dashboard.

New Deployment Methods
We now have YUM and APT repositories, GPG signed, delivered via HTTPS, with a standard installation mechanism using your favourite package managers.

More importantly, we now bundle init scripts along with Tyk so it’s a much better Linux citizen.

Overhauled UX & Bug Fixes
When you open the new dashboard (and some cloud users will have already seen this, as we rolled out the new interface a few weeks ago), you will notice a brand new interface, overall improvements and styling.

We’ve also fixed a load of bugs and made lots of tweaks to Tyk that make the whole stack more stable and more performant.

Request size limiting, Global header injection and JSON web tokens
As part of this update, we’ve introduced a bunch of new middleware:
JSON Web Token support (with HMAC and RSA public private key validation)
Request size limits: Set request size limits on a per-path, or global basis
Global header injection: A feature that has been most requested amongst cloud users, you can now easily inject secure data to all requests passing through Tyk.
New Support Subscriptions
We get a lot of requests via email to help people get set up with Tyk, but who don’t want to go for a whole SLA with us, to make sure that we can meet all of these requests and help everyone with their Tyk installs, we’ve introduced a new set of entry-level support plans starting at £99 per month, per node - you can find out more about the support offers on our home page.

Get Started!
You can find our how to set up v1.9 here, or grab a tar-ball from our Github Releases Page

Hope you enjoy the kit :slight_smile:

Martin & The rest of the Tyk Team

Imported Google Group message.
Sender:Nhoom Tham.
Date:Thursday, 10 December 2015 18:52:57 UTC.

Hello Martin & Tyk team,

I was struggling when running https://tyk.io/v1.9/setup/docker/ in step 3.
I was using Mac OSX, I was able to ping all my domains mapped with docker IP.
But there were 2 types of errors here:

• No JSON could be decoded
  • and cause to failed to connect to dashboard

here are the evidence>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
nkhanti:tyk_quickstart nkhani$ ./setup.sh tyk_dashboard.tyk_dashboard.docker www.tyk-portal-test.com
Detected a Docker VM…
Docker host address explicitly set.
Using tyk_dashboard.tyk_dashboard.docker as Tyk host address.
Docker portal domain address explicitly set.
Using www.tyk-portal-test.com as Tyk host address.
Creating Organisation
Traceback (most recent call last):
File “”, line 1, in
File “/System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.7/lib/python2.7/json/init.py”, line 290, in load
**kw)
File “/System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.7/lib/python2.7/json/init.py”, line 338, in loads
return _default_decoder.decode(s)
File “/System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.7/lib/python2.7/json/decoder.py”, line 366, in decode
obj, end = self.raw_decode(s, idx=_w(s, 0).end())
File “/System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.7/lib/python2.7/json/decoder.py”, line 384, in raw_decode
raise ValueError(“No JSON object could be decoded”)
ValueError: No JSON object could be decoded
ORGID:
Adding new user
File “”, line 1, in
File “/System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.7/lib/python2.7/json/init.py”, line 290, in load
**kw)
File “/System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.7/lib/python2.7/json/init.py”, line 338, in loads
File “/System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.7/lib/python2.7/json/decoder.py”, line 366, in decode
File “/System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.7/lib/python2.7/json/decoder.py”, line 384, in raw_decode
USER AUTH:
File “”, line 1, in
**kw)
NEW ID:
Setting password
Setting up the portal domain
curl: (7) Failed to connect to tyk_dashboard.tyk_dashboard.docker port 3000: Connection refused

DONE

Login at http://tyk_dashboard.tyk_dashboard.docker:3000/
User: [email protected]
Pass: test123
<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

I did try docker-compose cli as mentioned in v1.8 (I was just guest this should be the prerequisite, but not)
nkhanti:tyk_quickstart nkhanti$ docker-compose up -d tyk_nginx
ERROR: No such service: tyk_nginx

then tried removing tyk_nginx and left only $ docker-compose up -d
this was also unlucky
Status: Downloaded newer image for tykio/tyk-gateway:latest
Creating tykquickstart_tyk_gateway_1
ERROR: json: cannot unmarshal string into Go value of type []string

I googling to see what was the cause of this and see nothing in the air.

Was I did something wrong here? or were there other prerequisites I need to consider?

Kind regards,

Nhoom.

Sender:Martin Buhr.
Date:Thursday, 10 December 2015 18:55:30 UTC.

Hi Nhoom,

We just updated that QuickStart repo, so you’ll need to pull -u

Also, we edited the instructions in our docker setup guide - I recommend going back, refreshing and trying again.

Make sure you remove all of your containers though and pull the latest ones.

Cheers,
Martin

• show quoted text -

• show quoted text -

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups “Tyk Community Support” group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to [email protected].
To view this discussion on the web, visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tyk-community-support/0f11f988-87f7-4052-8514-d88e243ea015%40googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

Sender:Nhoom Tham.
Date:Friday, 11 December 2015 15:09:26 UTC.

Hi Martin,

Many thanks for the updates. They are working fine.

Cheers,

Nhoom.

• show quoted text -