Tyk and APIs which serve large data streams

We’re evaluating Tyk as a potential API Gateway for us. Our APIs won’t receive many requests (100s per day would be a lot for us) but some of the endpoints are designed to send large data streams back to the user (10+ gigs not uncommon). Can anyone comment on Tyk’s scalability in this sort of environment? All that traffic has to pass back through the gateway, correct? Wondering what architecture would be appropriate to handle this sort of load, where just a few requests might all be streaming back lots of data for long periods of time?

Thanks,
Fran

Yes it will, and depending on what operations you are doing to the traffic on the way out (e.g. transforms), might cause issues. The main issue here might be RAM, though to be perfectly honest, I don;t think we’ve tried pushing 10GB through the gateway yet!

Well, I guess we’ll set up some tests and see how it goes! I don’t believe we’ll be doing anything to the traffic on the way back out, so maybe that helps our cause.

Perhaps we are an extreme case, but are there others who have experience with long-lived or larger responses coming back through a Tyk-managed API?