Trouble following the last steps of Tyk tutorial for Tyk Gateway Community Edition

Hi,

I’ve setup a Tyk Gateway using the tutorial: https://tyk.io/docs/get-started/with-tyk-on-premise/tutorials/tyk-on-premise-community-edition and I was successful until the last steps. In “Step 2: Create an API”, when I try to setup an API using curl, I don’t get a successful response. Instead I’ve got the following:

* About to connect() to localhost port 8080 (#0) * Trying ::1... * Connected to localhost (::1) port 8080 (#0) > POST /tyk/apis/ HTTP/1.1 > User-Agent: curl/7.29.0 > Host: localhost:8080 > Accept: */* > x-tyk-authorization: 352d20ee67be67f6340b4c0605b044b7 > Content-Type: application/json > Content-Length: 662 > * upload completely sent off: 662 out of 662 bytes ^C
The request seems to hang at that point and I’ve to ^C to exit. I’m new to Tyk so please bear with me with this newbie question.

Are you actually posting any information? If not, you need to include the API definition in the body of the post. The Gateway will then write this to disk, so needs permission to do so. Check the ‘app_path’ setting in the tyk.conf to see where the gateway is trying to write to.

Can you check the log file for warnings/errors which occur when you call the API?

Thanks David. It was probably something to do with the domain/ip in the settings. I’ve got it sorted out.

Ok, good to know it’s working ok now!