Traffic Activity by Key

Imported Google Group message. Original thread at: Redirecting to Google Groups Import Date: 2016-01-19 21:25:59 +0000.
Sender:Rilindo Foster.
Date:Wednesday, 30 September 2015 22:02:40 UTC+1.

I am bit confused by this.

Looking at the activity page, I couldn’t tell which account or which key is in use. I mean, if I were to pull one of the keys in activity page and look it in the Keys page, it returns with:

Key doesn’t seem to exist! Using defaults…

So I am forced to tag each key and then do a search in the Activity page to determine each key is usage. A bit of a hack, though and it apparently it doesn’t include the trends prior to the key being tagged.

Is there an easier way to do this?

Imported Google Group message.
Sender:Martin Buhr.
Date:Thursday, 1 October 2015 03:44:56 UTC+1.

If you have hashed keys enabled you will need to use the raw representation of the key to see any details of a key, in hashed mode keys are encrypted and nobody can access them except via their original representation.
If you are using the portal, the hashed representation of a users key is stored alongside their profile - if you click it it should show you the analytics for that user. This is one way of associating a user to a key.
The other way is to keep copies of the raw keys when they are created - but that’s up to the integrator as it breaks the security model.
The portal also exposes two secure key features where you can update and delete a hashed key for a users profile (e.g to bounce the user or to upgrade their key policy)
If you disable the hashed mode (setting in both Tyk.conf and tyk_analytics.conf) then you will always see the raw key.
Hope that makes sense :slight_smile:
Cheers,
Martin