Quota reset problems after upgrade to Tyk 1.8.3.2

Imported Google Group message. Original thread at: Redirecting to Google Groups Import Date: 2016-01-19 21:28:45 +0000.
Sender:Marcelo.
Date:Monday, 19 October 2015 04:05:45 UTC+1.

Hello everyone,

I recently upgraded my environment from Tyk 1.6 to Tyk 1.8.3.2 and my key quotas stoped working. Tyk is not respecting “quota_renews” parameter, when my “quota_max” parameter is reached Tyk starts respond “Key quota limit exceeded.” even is “quota_renews” is reached. Could anyone help me? Thanks in advance.

Imported Google Group message.
Sender:Martin Buhr.
Date:Monday, 19 October 2015 06:18:51 UTC+1.

Does this happen with new tokens as well?

Sender:Marcelo.
Date:Monday, 19 October 2015 15:54:28 UTC+1.

Hi Martin,

I’ll test if this happen with new tokens tonight. I rolled back my environment to Tyk 1.6 and the problem remained. As workaround, using Tyk REST Api, I set “-1” to “quota_max” and “quota_remaining” of all my keys. This was my last option cause all of my clients were receiving “Key quota limit exceeded.”, but cannot leave my keys with unlimited quota. Any tips? Thanks in advance!

Em segunda-feira, 19 de outubro de 2015 03:18:51 UTC-2, Martin Buhr escreveu:
Does this happen with new tokens as well?

Date:Monday, 19 October 2015 16:21:19 UTC+1.

Hi Marcelo,

Unrelated (maybe related): Have you also updated the dashboard?

I’ve compared the code between 1.6 and 1.8 for the quota limiter and there is no change at all between the two that explains what is happening.

However, it could be a clock issue, Tyk resets the quota by checking if the quota renewal time has passed (unix timestamp), if it has, it resets the quota, and then sets a new deadline. You can check this by examining a token, if you open a token in the dashboard or using the API, take the renewal timestamp and decode it - what is it set to?

Cheers,
Martin

• show quoted text -

• show quoted text -

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups “Tyk Community Support” group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to [email protected].
To view this discussion on the web, visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tyk-community-support/a68e97f9-1ebc-406a-bae5-0b928295575b%40googlegroups.com.

For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

Date:Sunday, 25 October 2015 16:20:07 UTC.

Hi Marcelo,
Did you have any more luck with this? Want to follow up to make sure all is ok with your installation.
Cheers,
Martin

@Martin - I encountered a similar problem. Right from the startup quota limit exceeded. After i examined the token it seems renewal rate is in the future, days apart. For the API with this session token no rate or quota limit is set (its zero). Then why “quota_renews” still needs to be updated periodically ? If that is the case what will be update period of “quota_renews” for when the rate limit and quota limit is all zero ?

Can we see when the session token in created?

@sairam866 I’m not sure I follow, your description is quite confusing.

First, are you using the dashboard?