Quickstart - portal is telling us error: "Authorization field missing"

Imported Google Group message. Original thread at: Redirecting to Google Groups Import Date: 2016-01-19 21:15:47 +0000.
Sender:Jeff Martin.
Date:Tuesday, 16 June 2015 18:40:34 UTC+1.

Trying to go through the quickstart at https://tyk.io/v1.6/setup/quickstart/

We get through it with no big issue but trying to go to the ourserver.com:8888/portal we get a json response:

{
error: “Authorization field missing”
}

I’m assuming that the portal is supposed to be open so that developers can sign up. Is there something that we configured wrong?

-Jeff

Imported Google Group message.
Sender:Martin Buhr.
Date:Tuesday, 16 June 2015 18:47:37 UTC+1.

Hi Jeff,

If you are getting that error it means that NginX is routing your request to the API gateway and not the portal.

The quickstart is pretty much geared towards using the quickstart script, which is hard coded to set the domain name for the portal to test-org.tyk.docker. If you modify this line in the script and replace the DOMAINALIAS value (currently tyk.docker) with “ourserver.com”, then when the NginX server starts up to route requests through to either the portal or the gateway, it will have the correct template values configured.

Let me know if that helps :slight_smile:

Thanks,
Martin

• show quoted text -

Sender:Manoli Yiannakakis.
Date:Tuesday, 16 June 2015 20:45:34 UTC+1.

That seems to have done the trick. Thanks so much.

Now, to figure out why I’m getting rate limit errors, even though i’m limiting to 1000/s…

-Manoli

• show quoted text -

Sender:Martin Buhr.
Date:Tuesday, 16 June 2015 20:54:38 UTC+1.

How is the key being created? If you are using the OAuth flow then the key template needs to be sent to Tyk to generate the key properly.
My advice would be to check that the session object (key data) being sent is properly configured (common issue is not setting the allowance to the same value as the rate). You can check it by retrieving the key using the Tyk API to see what is being stored.
Also would suggest making use of policies so that they can be managed en-masse. However, even policy managed keys need a few basic initial settings to operate properly.
Any questions let me know :slight_smile:
Cheers,
Martin