Organising API's

Hi Guys,

I have setup a few API’s now and counting and it seems to be I’m getting a bad overview since there is no sorting by name or group organisation.
(Please see example below; I’ve obfuscated any company related detail)

It would be nice to be able to perhaps:

• Sort the API’s by API Name / Target
  • Search through the API’s using a Text search Bar
  • TAG the API’s for filtering on them and with that Grouping them
  • Be able to filter by Custom Domain
    (And with that maybe define some custom domains for reuse and quick change)
  • Be able to filter by Target
  • Another option would be to manually sort them and adding Separator bars like PfSense can do.

Hi Eric,

Thank you for your suggestion. I will raise this as a feature request in the private Github repository we use to manage the Dashboard and hopefully this functionality should appear in a future release.

Kind regards,
Jess @ Tyk

1 Like

Hi,

I appreciate it’s been a while since you first posted this, but we’re working on filtering/sorting now.

I have a question about API ID, do you find this useful?
Our idea is to enable users to define and add labels/groups to their APIs, and then enable you to be able to filter and sort by these. As well as API name, target, status etc of course. I am just wondering, is API ID a need to have as data on this list, or can it just be displayed on the API Designer once you drill down?

Thanks,
Nick @ Tyk :tyk2:

Hi Nick,

From a UX perspective I’d push it to the background; so do not show it unless you’re at the record level (viewing / editing a single API) but I would recommend to use it in the filter.
(Comparible to how webshops would act when searching for a ProductId)

Cheers,

Eric @ Steinweg (No special Icon for that)

1 Like

Sounds good - thanks. No Steinweg emoji? You guys should get one :wink:

Would a last updated or created date be helpful on the API list? And for this to be sortable? We are rolling out a fix to make the default order be by created date. Wondered if Updated date would be helpful on the list.

I have a Steinweg Emoji on slack. :slight_smile:

Yes, the last updated value would definately be of added value.
Maybe also an indicator whether this is done manual or automatic.

The initial preferred order -to me- would be Alphabetic though.
Actually the -Last Updated- value is from my perspective more important than the initial creation date; would prefer that one in a list instead, moving the create date to the record level (as with the ID).

Please note that we are running a Low-Code platform that we intend to “Connect” to Tyk. We have allready setup an automated Jenkins integration with Tyk.
For enterprises this is of high importance.
If you could document and expose to your customer base your internal API’s this would be of great help. :wink:

Hi there - we’re looking to do Jenkins integration with Tyk as well. Can you provide some guidance on how you managed to set this up? I’d like Jenkins to be able to detect changes in a Git repo, pull together the ‘package’ for deployment, test and then deploy. Is this similar to what you have done?

Thanks,
Lee

Hmm, I’m affraid this has been outsourced by us so I don’t have any details on this part.
I’ll ask my colleague if he can give you some hints.