Multiple gateways

Imported Google Group message. Original thread at: Redirecting to Google Groups Import Date: 2016-01-19 21:37:11 +0000.
Sender:Ryan Clarke.
Date:Tuesday, 15 December 2015 20:22:20 UTC.

Hello,

I am attempting to configure an environment with multiple gateways and a shared dashboard. However, I am encountering difficulty as gateways don’t seem to be communicating their data. All gateways share the same redis and mongo stores, and are accessible to one another on the network.

Any general advice on how to get this working would be appreciated.

Thanks!
Ryan

Imported Google Group message.
Sender:Martin Buhr.
Date:Tuesday, 15 December 2015 21:30:12 UTC.

By not sharing their dat - what do you mean?

Thanks,
Martin

• show quoted text -

• show quoted text -

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups “Tyk Community Support” group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to [email protected].
To view this discussion on the web, visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tyk-community-support/3774ed60-782a-4b9e-a227-ed946d47d68f%40googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

Sender:Ryan Clarke.
Date:Tuesday, 15 December 2015 21:34:52 UTC.

Users, policies, API definitions, etc. created on one gateway are not shown on the others, even after multiple refreshes and waiting for a few hours. Additionally, the dashboard only shows information on one of the gateways.

Thanks for your help

• show quoted text -

Date:Tuesday, 15 December 2015 21:52:57 UTC.

Hi Ryan,

So you have x Tyk Gateway processes running across a bunch of hosts, and one dashboard.

Can you check that:

The gateways all point at the same MongoDB and Redis

The dashboard is pointing at the same Redis and mongo DB as the gateways

The dashboard can see 1 of the gateways

The gateway that the dashboard can see is not segmented with tags

When you add an API via the dashboard, all nodes are showing reload signals in their logs

The gateway logs are not showing any errors on connecting to the data stores

I think you’ve misconfigured your gateways.

Or, if you are using the REST API to create API Definitions, they will only apply to the node you target (they flush to disk). To centralise using the API, use the advanced API which centralises in the dashboard.

Cheers,
Martin

• show quoted text -

• show quoted text -

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups “Tyk Community Support” group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to [email protected].
To view this discussion on the web, visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tyk-community-support/a484aef4-0302-4177-b60a-3e36576fa779%40googlegroups.com.

For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

Sender:Fredrik Blomstedt.
Date:Monday, 21 December 2015 07:59:57 UTC.

Hi Martin,

Just for my clarification.

So it is possible to use several Tyk gateways against the same mongodb-reddis-cluster?

I attach a picture for discussion.

Thanks in advance.

Br,
Fredrik

• show quoted text -

Date:Monday, 21 December 2015 08:54:45 UTC.

Hi Frederik,

Yes it’s completely possible,If you configure all tyk nodes the same, except the ones in Group A you tag with “GroupA” and group B with “GroupB” using the “tags” parameter in the tyk.conf, then enable segmenting by enabling the “node_is_segmented” flag, you’ll be able to assign APIs to different groups from the same dashboard, the two settings are here:

https://tyk.io/v1.9/configuration/configuration/#db-app-conf-options-node-is-segmented:a66b35d20295cb764719ac8bd35837ec

The trick to remember is, the Dashboard and dvanced API are basically Tyk Gateway API clients, so the dashboard will need to see a Tyk node, if that node is segmented, it will only be able to create keys for the APIs that are segmented to that node. That means that the dashboard needs to see it’s own, unsegmented, Tyk node.

So your public facing nodes that are splitting out the APIs by group will not talk to the dashboard directly, instead, the dashbaord will use a private (non-public) unsegmented Tyk node to do all key creation, API creation and OAuth client creation for all managed API, which will be split across your groups through tagging.

See the attached file to clarify.

Are you using the portal?

Cheers,
Martin

Date:Monday, 21 December 2015 09:16:37 UTC.

Nice. Thanks!

No, we are not plan to use the Portal, just local environment.

Thank you Martin.

Br,
Fredrik

• show quoted text -

Date:Monday, 21 December 2015 09:31:05 UTC.

Seems that I misunderstood the Portal first when I read about it. We might use the Portal, I don’t know yet.

• show quoted text -