Managing all tyk gateways by using the same dashboard

Hello,
I have a fully licensed Tyk.
Is it allowed to connect my existing licensed dashboard to other tyk gateway in Kubernetes?

What is the role of tyk-operator? Is dashboard not enough to administrate tyk gateway?

Hi @tirelibirefe,

Is it allowed to connect my existing licensed dashboard to other tyk gateway in Kubernetes?

Yes as long as your license covers multiple gateways. You may need MDCB if each of the gateway’s have their own redis DB.

What is the role of tyk-operator? Is dashboard not enough to administrate tyk gateway?

Tyk Operator is open source and is typically used to manage a single gateway. The Dashboard instead is licensed and can be used for many other things like managing the developer portal and monitoring your APIs.

If you have a fully licensed dashboard, then you can use that. Operator is still under development and has some limitations

Helllo,
1)
What does “multiple gateways” mean? If we have 3 nodes license, does it mean only 3 nodes can be added to dashboard? Can tyk-ce not be added as 4’th node?

What does MDCB mean?

Multiple gateways, just means… multiple gateways :smiley:

MDCB is a proprietary component that enables large scale, multi-region, multi-cloud and hybrid deployments.