Keys added using REST API not visible on the dashboard

Imported Google Group message. Original thread at: Redirecting to Google Groups Import Date: 2016-01-19 21:09:06 +0000.
Sender:Khirod Kant Naik.
Date:Wednesday, 8 April 2015 07:47:03 UTC+1.

Hi Martin,

I added a key using the rest api but the key is not available on the dashboard. When I retrieve the list of keys using REST API I can see the key I created, and I am also able to access the api with key as well.

What could be going wrong ?

Imported Google Group message.
Sender:Martin Buhr.
Date:Wednesday, 8 April 2015 08:14:26 UTC+1.

Hi Khirod,

Which REST endpoint did you use to add the key? The reason why the key doesn’t show in the dashboard is probably because with the dashboard, keys are filtered and managed by organisation, and if you added (POST /tyk/keys) a key (which you generated) then the dashboard won’t pick it up because it uses a convention in the key name to filter out non-owned keys (orgid:key-uuid).

The trick is to use the create endpoint (POST /tyk/keys/create) which generate a key based on the organisation ID in the session object if you are using the gateway API (you may need to check that URL, am typing this without laptop access).

Even easier is to use the advanced management API key creation endpoint with your dashboard users’ key and the key will be assigned and managed automatically.

The system is designed so that if you are using the dashboard, you should use the supplied advanced API for integration and not the raw gateway API as it provides a more managed solution (with more granular integrator permissions) than the main API as it applies all the necessary rules and validation to inbound objects which the gateway won’t.

Confusing, I know - but it allows for a great deal of flexibility of necessary :slight_smile:

Let me know if that clarifies things any.

Martin

• show quoted text -

• show quoted text -

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups “Tyk Community Support” group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to [email protected].
To view this discussion on the web, visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tyk-community-support/265ab0a4-83c7-46f5-b851-937fab6a7c9e%40googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

Sender:Khirod Kant Naik.
Date:Wednesday, 8 April 2015 08:14:26 UTC+1.

Hi Khirod,

Which REST endpoint did you use to add the key? The reason why the key doesn’t show in the dashboard is probably because with the dashboard, keys are filtered and managed by organisation, and if you added (POST /tyk/keys) a key (which you generated) then the dashboard won’t pick it up because it uses a convention in the key name to filter out non-owned keys (orgid:key-uuid).

The trick is to use the create endpoint (POST /tyk/keys/create) which generate a key based on the organisation ID in the session object if you are using the gateway API (you may need to check that URL, am typing this without laptop access).

Even easier is to use the advanced management API key creation endpoint with your dashboard users’ key and the key will be assigned and managed automatically.

The system is designed so that if you are using the dashboard, you should use the supplied advanced API for integration and not the raw gateway API as it provides a more managed solution (with more granular integrator permissions) than the main API as it applies all the necessary rules and validation to inbound objects which the gateway won’t.

Confusing, I know - but it allows for a great deal of flexibility of necessary :slight_smile:

Let me know if that clarifies things any.

Martin

• show quoted text -

• show quoted text -

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups “Tyk Community Support” group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to [email protected].
To view this discussion on the web, visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tyk-community-support/265ab0a4-83c7-46f5-b851-937fab6a7c9e%40googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

Sender:Martin Buhr.
Date:Wednesday, 8 April 2015 11:02:04 UTC+1.

Okay Thanks Martin :)!

• show quoted text -