Is there a Slack channel for Tyk and the open source status?

I saw the github commit is not super active (Last commit happened 3 months ago as of 6/24), shall I interpret that Tyk team is more interested in their SaaS service (which is their revenue source) than this open source code base?

We are trying to pick up an API gateway, and I like Tyk as it’s lightweightness, but at the same time we don’t want to pick a stack that we end up to maintain without the leading development team’s help.

So, I wonder if there is a Slack channel that we can get access to the development team somehow.

Hi,

Have you taken a look at the develop branch? That’s where all commits go. The last master commit was a merge. Master is for releases and stable versions and some contributions, we only merge to master when we have a release ready.

For chat, there’s a Gitter channel linked to from the read me, which the dev team are on.

The repo is very active, you’re just not looking in the right place.

Ta,
Martin

The following is what I screen printed from github as commits history, which I felt a bit not active.

Which branch should I be looking at? “develop”, “develop2.0/master”, or “develop2.0/develop”?

Don’t get me wrong, I am simply trying to pick an option to start with and want to pick a right one :slight_smile:

“Develop” is the unstable branch. When we reach a point had we have a release ready, develop is.merged to master. Master is then only used for patches.