Hybrid: global_session_lifetime not working?

In our hybrid tyk.conf we have the following configured

"global_session_lifetime":86400 (24 hours)

session_lifetime is not set in any individual api definitions

Yes under “Traffic Activity by Key” in the cloud admin section, we still see many many keys with “last access” “6 days ago”, and everywhere in between 24 hours and older.

The actual sessions we create have an expiry of 5 minutes.

The way I read https://www.tyk.io/docs/security/your-apis/physical-token-expiry/ the force_global_session_lifetime should not have to be set in this scenario correct?

So this setting removes the session from your local redis DB, it sets a TTL for the cache you hold locally. There will still be a copy of the key in our server.

Also I’m not sure I follow, If you create a token that has access for 5 minutes, and it gets used, then an analytics entry will be created for it. If that session expires, then the analytics entry will still be there, so it will say, this key was last used 6 days ago. It may have been expired by then, but the entry will still be there?

Just wanted to confirm that the data I am viewing in “Traffic Activity by Key” is pulling from your analytics (hence the post expired key references) and not-necessarily representative of what is retained in the local redis cluster’s memory.

Ah, yes that data is from our analytics store, we don’t pull anything from your redis.