How to downgrade the version of Tyk running in the docker container?

Hi there,

I’ve taken the docker code from GitHub - TykTechnologies/tyk-gateway-docker: Docker compose deployment to run Tyk OSS Gateway and created an onprem free trial account to run the instance locally.
I would like to run v1.9.4.4 version of Tyk in the docker. Kindly assist on how to achieve this.
Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Karthik

Hi @karthikbirur,

Welcome to the Tyk community - happy to have you here!

There’s a couple of ways to do this but the easiest way of downgrading is by going into your docker-compose.yml file and changing the gateway image version that’s being referenced.

image: tykio/tyk-gateway:v3.1.1 – > image: tykio/tyk-gateway:v1.9.4.4

Is there a reason why you want to do this? On downgrading/ upgrading versions of Tyk make sure to read the release notes to know what the differences between the versions are to avoid unexpected actions. Also I don’t see that particular version you referenced, the closest one I’ve found was tykio/tyk-gateway:v1.9.1.1

You can view/pull the versions here: Docker

Valmir

Hi @Valmir ,

Appreciate your time and the response.

Tyk dashboard version we have been using in our current project is 1.9.4.4, although I’m not fully aware of the gateway version as it’s hidden from us.
Would you be able to tell me if the gateway and the dashboard versions remain same all the time.
I’d need to set up a local instance of Tyk running in docker with the dashboard version 1.9.4.4 for POC purposes.

Many thanks,
Karthik

Hi @karthikbirur,

You’re most welcome - we’re always happy to help!

Would you be able to tell me if the gateway and the dashboard versions remain same all the time.

The Gateway and Dashboard aren’t always the same. However starting with the Tyk v3.0 release Tyk Dashboard and Tyk Gateway will always be aligned for major and minor releases.

I’m not fully aware of the gateway version as it’s hidden from us.

There’s a few different ways to view the different versions of both the Gateway and the Dashboard that you’re running.

My personal preference is just going to your docker-compose.yml and it’ll list the images versions your set up is running i.e image: tykio/tyk-gateway:v3.1.2, image: tykio/tyk-dashboard:v3.1.2. You can also change the these versions this way.

You can hit the /hello endpoint on the gateway. On your local set up it would be localhost:8080/hello.

Also locally on your root directory you can run the docker ps command which also gives which images your Gateway container is running on.

– Valmir

2 Likes