How can i back up the tyk

Imported Google Group message. Original thread at: Redirecting to Google Groups Import Date: 2016-01-19 21:20:34 +0000.
Sender:[email protected].
Date:Wednesday, 19 August 2015 02:30:59 UTC+1.

Hi,How do I back up a TYK service that will be all tyk, key, user, back up to another tyk server, and the API used by these key is still the original.

Imported Google Group message.
Sender:Martin Buhr.
Date:Wednesday, 19 August 2015 06:15:37 UTC+1.

Hi,

All of Tyk’s operational data is stored in Mongo and Redis, so you will need a snapshot of your redis instance and a backup of your DB, if you restore then your Tyk instance will be the same as before.

Thanks,
Martin

On Tue, Aug 18, 2015 at 6:31 PM -0700, [email protected] wrote:

Hi,How do I back up a TYK service that will be all tyk, key, user, back up to another tyk server, and the API used by these key is still the original.

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups “Tyk Community Support” group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to [email protected].
To view this discussion on the web, visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tyk-community-support/ba19dc39-460f-43be-bc45-7713ff76815d%40googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

Date:Wednesday, 19 August 2015 07:27:23 UTC+1.

Hi Martin ,
Thanks for your help , actually scenario list as below:

1. all the Tyk (include Tyk Analyst) service was installed in one machine, include the dependency service , such as required mongodb and redis. 
   2. Tyk version: 1.6 , Tyk Analyst version: 0.9.4

so , we installed the Tyk and required services in new machine and named as integrity env, and restored the used configurations and data from dev env. but , we got the error messages as below:
   1. "Key doesn't seem to exist! Using defaults..." : on Key Lookup page in Tyk Analyst service 
   2.  "Key not authorised":  when all the app client connected to the integrity env 
   3.  "Failed to save new session object to Tyk" :  when create new Key data in Tyk Analyst service page
          Is there anyway or mistake maybe when I restored the tyk service as known ?  or any help will be appreciated , and thanks for your help again ~~!

在 2015年8月19日星期三 UTC+8下午1:15:37,Martin Buhr写道:

• show quoted text -

Sender:Martin Buhr.
Date:Wednesday, 19 August 2015 07:40:07 UTC+1.

Hi,

That depends on how you set up your redis instance, redis stores everything in RAM unless configured to write to disk, I’m not sure how you took the backup of the machine (VM snapshot, individual data backups), but if you had to shut down redis without backing up the actual in memory data, then you will have lost it :frowning:

The errors you are describing all relate to redis and the backup of that data set, you may need to back up and restore redis again to make sure it all works.

Can you log into the dashboard and is all your analytics data present?

Also did you update the configs to point at your new redis instance and DBs?

Thanks,
Martin

Sent: Wednesday, August 19, 2015 07:27
Subject: Re: how can i back up the tyk
To: Tyk Community Support [email protected]
Cc: [email protected]

• show quoted text -

To view this discussion on the web, visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tyk-community-support/0d33fdbe-2c79-4971-92c6-e291e8bff0ed%40googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

Date:Wednesday, 19 August 2015 08:29:06 UTC+1.

Hi Martin,

Thanks a lot again ~!

1. about Redis backup operations, I was saved the redis all data when it was running in console , and redis generate a file named dumb.rdb as usual, so I put the dumped file to new instance installation folder as the redis manual mentioned. 
2. about Dashboard, "There was a problem retrieving the data" in all the pages with menu entry of "Analytics and Data" 
3. about the new instance , the tyk and dashboard configured to connect the required redis and mongodb in same machine 

So , follow your advice , I'll redo the operations with dump and restore the  redis again and check the data , hopes we can figure out the problem in-fact,

Thank you ^_^

Thanks,
Ny

在 2015年8月19日星期三 UTC+8下午2:40:07,Martin Buhr写道:

• show quoted text -

Date:Wednesday, 19 August 2015 11:12:59 UTC+1.

Hi Martin,

I redo the backup \ restore with the tyk's redis and mongodb, and the service back to normal as expected , somethings  I founded list here:
1. check the 2 important keys "apikey-xxxxxxx", "tyk-admin-api-xxxxxxxx", otherwise , it will trigger the issues which I encountered .
2. must restart the tyk service after restored the redis data , and not only reload it when the target tyk is running with hot-reload .

So , appreciate your help and thanks again ~~!

Thanks,
Ny

在 2015年8月19日星期三 UTC+8下午2:40:07,Martin Buhr写道:
Hi,

• show quoted text -

• show quoted text -