Follow up: Module 2 API platform teams' jobs to be done and how to achieve them | API platform engineering fundamentals programme

Hey folks

Another week, another insightful session with a highly engaged audience! Module #2 - “Jobs to be done and how to achieve them” is complete, and I can safely say that the energy and engagement from our community have been outstanding - keep up the fantastic work.

A big thanks to our very own UX Research lead, Richard Johnston, for breaking down jobs to be done for both tech and non-tech folks and facilitating our interactive workshop. We hope you found it insightful and it helped you take the next step in your journey!

Module 2 session resources

Module 2: quiz, slides and recording
The slides, quiz and video recording of module 2 have been sent to you via email as of this afternoon. Let me know if you have signed up for the programme and haven’t received it.

(Note: Make sure to check your spam folder, just in case you don’t see it in your inbox.)

What’s next

Module 3 will start next week, Thursday, 19th October, at 1 pm EST/ 6 pm BST, where we’ll discuss 'The platform teams’ toolkit: The three P’s’, all about the people, processes, and products that help platform teams succeed together with guest speaker James Higginbotham.

Your personalised registration link was automatically emailed yesterday; let us know if you have any issues with it. There will be another reminder email that will go out a day before the session and an hour before the session.

If you will be at the Platform Summit next week, feel free to say hi or connect with me over LinkedIn :slight_smile:

Thank you once again for starting this journey together! Looking forward to seeing you next week!

1 Like

I noticed that during the interactive session Miro board also had “Top Tasks” sections. It isn’t shown in the slides. I’m curious, can we see the whole board or is it something for later?

1 Like

Hey @aviskase thank you for your question!
You are right, we did have a Top tasks section in the Miro board. However, we decided to spend more time on the pains/trigger and the gains/outcomes since they are the foundation for the JTBD exercise.
We built on this in module 3 with the introduction of job stories and we’ll continue building on our understanding in future sessions - including associated tasks :slight_smile:

1 Like