Dashboard error with CSS

Imported Google Group message. Original thread at: Redirecting to Google Groups Import Date: 2016-01-19 21:35:22 +0000.
Sender:Kevin Holbrook.
Date:Monday, 14 December 2015 14:31:52 UTC.

With a new install of 1.9 when I access the Portal->CSS page I get an error : “Failed to create a new CSS entries!”
This appears on any load of that page. There is nothing shown in the error log for this.
It is not possible to apply CSS customizations with this error appearing, any updates are not applied.

Imported Google Group message.
Sender:Martin Buhr.
Date:Monday, 14 December 2015 14:37:07 UTC.

There’s a caveat with the portal, you must visit the settings page before doing anything, even if you are not changing the settings, so you can try:

1. Click on the portal -> Settings page (you might see an error box), but this will only happen once
  2. Click on the Catalogue page (you may see an error, but onlye once)
  3. Try to edit the CSS

What is happening is that Tyk Dashboard does not ship with any fixtures to initialise a portal, you need to do that by visiting the settings page and catalogue page first.

Let me know if that helps any.

Cheers,
Martin

Date:Monday, 14 December 2015 14:37:01 UTC.

I think I found the issue with this.
It seems my login session had expired, so any operation on any page would cause an error.
It would be better for the user if they were automatically logged out when the session expires and redirected to login page.
Currently you must manually use the logout menu.

• show quoted text -

Date:Monday, 14 December 2015 14:37:07 UTC.

There’s a caveat with the portal, you must visit the settings page before doing anything, even if you are not changing the settings, so you can try:

1. Click on the portal -> Settings page (you might see an error box), but this will only happen once
  2. Click on the Catalogue page (you may see an error, but onlye once)
  3. Try to edit the CSS

What is happening is that Tyk Dashboard does not ship with any fixtures to initialise a portal, you need to do that by visiting the settings page and catalogue page first.

Let me know if that helps any.

Cheers,
Martin

Sender:Martin Buhr.
Date:Monday, 14 December 2015 14:38:37 UTC.

Thanks Kevin,

That’s quite likely. can you raise a feature request on Github?

Thanks,
Martin

• show quoted text -

• show quoted text -

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups “Tyk Community Support” group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to [email protected].
To view this discussion on the web, visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tyk-community-support/a5936f9f-4eb2-4b03-b057-a58d04c2e1d1%40googlegroups.com.

For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.