Catalogue Edit button broken?

Imported Google Group message. Original thread at: Redirecting to Google Groups Import Date: 2016-01-19 21:28:39 +0000.
Sender:Martin van der Geer.
Date:Friday, 23 October 2015 16:03:45 UTC+1.

Hello,

When I create a new API in the catalogue section, and when to edit it afterwards, I get the dashboard screen (using Chrome). It seems this button is broken??

Cheers,

Martin

Imported Google Group message.
Sender:Martin Buhr.
Date:Friday, 23 October 2015 16:15:29 UTC+1.

Hi Martin,

Do you have a screenshot?

Cheers,
Martin

• show quoted text -

• show quoted text -

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups “Tyk Community Support” group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to [email protected].
To view this discussion on the web, visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tyk-community-support/53d1d5c3-e243-412d-9fbe-d524264565ad%40googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

Sender:Martin van der Geer.
Date:Friday, 23 October 2015 16:22:58 UTC+1.

Hi Martin!

When I click the Edit button, I get directed to the Dashboard page. This is in Google Chrome.
When using Internet Explorer: when I click the edit button, nothing happens. I checked in the Javascript debugger, but no exception is thrown.

This behaviour is in the free cloud version as with the docker version locally installed.

Cheers!

Martin

• show quoted text -

Sender:Martin Buhr.
Date:Sunday, 25 October 2015 10:22:19 UTC.

Hi Martin,

This is probably happening because there’s no Policy attached to the catalogue entry.

To fix:

1. Make sure you have an API set up under System Management - APIs

2. Create a policy under System Management - policies

3. Create a new catalogue API entry - it will actually edit your existing one, attach your policy to it and click update

4. You should now be able to edit the entry and add new ones.

Policies are required for a catalogue entry, which might be why you are experiencing your issues. We just haven’t put there validation in place - will change that.

Cheers,
Martin