Cant access Developer Portal - Docker

Imported Google Group message. Original thread at: Redirecting to Google Groups Import Date: 2016-01-19 21:32:06 +0000.
Sender:Sharath MK.
Date:Tuesday, 24 November 2015 16:33:23 UTC.

I have installed tyk docker in linux. Every thing worked fine i gor org added, user added and im able to login also to tyk.io page

But the problem is i can’t open Developer Portal page, the error is Server not Found.

I have added location=/docker/127.0.0.1 in dnsmasq.config.
Please guide me how to configure dnsmasq and also how to access this page from other machine in same network

Thanks

Imported Google Group message.
Sender:Martin Buhr.
Date:Tuesday, 24 November 2015 16:39:05 UTC.

Hi Sharath,

Are you using the official docker quickstart? https://tyk.io/v1.8/setup/docker/

Many thanks,
Martin

Date:Tuesday, 24 November 2015 17:21:18 UTC.

Yes i’m using offcial docker quickstart.

I dont want to use domain name. i just want to use ip address. If possible i dont want to use nginx load balancer also. As i’m trying tyk.

• show quoted text -

Date:Tuesday, 24 November 2015 17:48:14 UTC.

Hi Sharath,

So the docker QuickStart is a collection of three containers that represent the entire Tyk stack in a mini environment that you can run locally.

This includes nginx and the host manager. Which, if you want the portal, is required.

The developer portal only works with nginx, as URL rewrites are required to make the flow work properly.

This is changing in the next version, but domains will always be required in order to allow Tyk to cleanly serve up a multi-tenant portal system.

That means that you will need some kind of DNS for the portal. OR set the host manager up to manage the IP as the server name for your organisation with nginx (should be possible).

The quickest thing to do would be to use the advanced API to update your organisation to use the IP as the CNAME and reload the gateway.

I haven’t used dnsmasq much, so I won’t be able to help you with that I’m afraid it’s only used in the demo to hack the host names together on one box.

Cheers,
Martin

Date:Tuesday, 24 November 2015 18:38:09 UTC.

Hi Martin,

Thanks for your quick reply.
I understood your point.
What i did still now:

I’m using Centos 6.5 for this setup.
First i edited /etc/hosts and added
127.0.0.1 testorg.tyk.docker
127.0.0.1 test-api.testorg.tyk.docker

then i used docker compose to install all the containers.
then i ran setup.sh to configure organization and user.

When i’m trying to access
testorg.tyk.docker:8888/portal i’m not able to access it.

If you are using CentOS, please can you tell the setup what you did so that i can follow you.

Or
Can you explain your setup, so that i can follow to run it.

Thanks
Sharath

• show quoted text -

Date:Tuesday, 24 November 2015 18:55:26 UTC.

CentOS is remarkably locked down, so I have no idea if the ports will be allowed or open with docker.

Can you log into the dashboard successfully?

Did you create the home page and all of that part of the tutorial?

When you visit the 8888 portal page, does it just hang or do you get a 404?

Our cloud setup uses Amazon ECS which I think is based on their own flavour of Fedora. And we use custom containers into which we mount the application and configurations so it’s nothing like the QuickStart.

People have used Tyk with CentOS before - but I think they just installed things manually using the tarballs.

You might make your life a lot easier taking this approach as you’ll have way more control over configurations.

If you must use the docker containers then I would suggest managing them and linking them yourself (maybe modify the docker compose). Also make sure ports are open and working.

Sorry I can’t be of more help, but the problem you’re having is more of an access one, not a configuration one - CentOS is a weird beast so I don’t know how docker will handle port forwarding and access from outside.

Cheers,
Martin

Sent: Tuesday, November 24, 2015 18:38
Subject: Re: Cant access Developer Portal - Docker
To: Martin Buhr [email protected]
Cc: Tyk Community Support [email protected]

• show quoted text -

Date:Tuesday, 24 November 2015 19:53:30 UTC.

Now im getting error as below.
{
“error”: “Authorization field missing”
}
when i try http://testorg.tyk.docker:8888/portal/

Thanks
Sharath

• show quoted text -