Build the gateway on Win64

Imported Google Group message. Original thread at: Redirecting to Google Groups Import Date: 2016-01-19 21:40:45 +0000.
Sender:Grr1967.
Date:Wednesday, 6 January 2016 08:20:30 UTC.

Hi,

I’m evaluating Tyk 1.9 for our purposes. One of our customer’s requirements is to have it run nativelly (=not docker) Win64 server. I was trying to compile it on Windows but received the following errors with goagain.go:
e:\ApiMan\GO\src\github.com\rcrowley\goagain\goagain.go:34: undefined: syscall.SIGUSR2
e:\ApiMan\GO\src\github.com\rcrowley\goagain\goagain.go:101: undefined: syscall.SIGUSR
e:\ApiMan\GO\src\github.com\rcrowley\goagain\goagain.go:160: undefined: syscall.Wait4
e:\ApiMan\GO\src\github.com\rcrowley\goagain\goagain.go:186: cannot use int(fd) (type

Was anyone able to build and run the gateway/dashboard on Win64 so I can learn from their experience? Or is Win64 out of scope?

Thanks!

Imported Google Group message.
Sender:Martin Buhr.
Date:Wednesday, 6 January 2016 08:31:22 UTC.

Hi Ofer,

I think the source would need some surgery to build on windows, goagain.go is a process forking library that allows us to hot-reload the Tyk process using a SIGUSR2 init signal (not used very often), and pretty much relies on linux syscalls.

You could probably strip that conditional block out of the main.go file and remove the dependency, but there’s a whole bunch of other things that can go wrong on a windows system. We never planned, optimised or tested for windows deployments so this would be very hit and miss :wink:

Cheers,
Martin

• show quoted text -

• show quoted text -

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups “Tyk Community Support” group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to [email protected].
To view this discussion on the web, visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tyk-community-support/eb3d20da-7462-4859-befe-c6a9f47067e3%40googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.