Tyk REST APIs feed Redis?

Imported Google Group message. Original thread at: Redirecting to Google Groups Import Date: 2016-01-19 21:29:12 +0000.
Sender:Adam Schwartz.
Date:Thursday, 29 October 2015 20:28:46 UTC.

I am fairly new to Tyk, so I apologize for any faux pas I may drop here ahead of time.

After configuring and booting both Tyk server and the portal, and ensuring they worked well together, I subsequently noticed making configurations via the REST APIs (specifically creating a new route/API) did not propagate to the portal. I subsequently noticed that they were serialized to disk that could be consumed in the apps folder if I went away from using Redis as the source. I would like, however, to be able to configure Tyk using the REST APIs while it’s configured to use Redis.

Did I miss a configuration flag here or is this not supported? If it’s not supported, is it on the roadmap?

Thanks!

Imported Google Group message.
Sender:Martin Buhr.
Date:Thursday, 29 October 2015 20:53:17 UTC.

Hi Adam,
I think you might be using the wrong API, if you want to use the dashboard and portal, you will need to use the Advanced Management API, the Tyk Gateway API that targets a node will only flush API configurations to disk, Tyk nodes never write back to mongo except to purge analytics data, that’s what the Advanced API is for, its much more granular and fine grained than the gateway API, its all documented on the site.
The general rule of thumb is, if the dashboard can donut, the advanced API can domit too (sometimes its just not documented).
Portal entries are different from managed APIs, as they need to be created separately (published APIs could provide access to multiple managed APIs through a compound policy).
Hope that clears things up. :slight_smile:
Cheers,
Martin

Sent: 29 October 2015 20:28
To: Tyk Community Support
Subject: Tyk REST APIs feed Redis?

Sender:Adam Schwartz.
Date:Thursday, 29 October 2015 20:53:17 UTC.

Hi Adam,
I think you might be using the wrong API, if you want to use the dashboard and portal, you will need to use the Advanced Management API, the Tyk Gateway API that targets a node will only flush API configurations to disk, Tyk nodes never write back to mongo except to purge analytics data, that’s what the Advanced API is for, its much more granular and fine grained than the gateway API, its all documented on the site.
The general rule of thumb is, if the dashboard can donut, the advanced API can domit too (sometimes its just not documented).
Portal entries are different from managed APIs, as they need to be created separately (published APIs could provide access to multiple managed APIs through a compound policy).
Hope that clears things up. :slight_smile:
Cheers,
Martin

Sent: 29 October 2015 20:28
To: Tyk Community Support
Subject: Tyk REST APIs feed Redis?

Sender:Martin Buhr.
Date:Friday, 30 October 2015 00:38:55 UTC.

Ahh you’re a legend! Thank you for the quick response, Martin. That clears things up perfectly.

• show quoted text -