Tyk analytics - status code

Imported Google Group message. Original thread at: Redirecting to Google Groups Import Date: 2016-01-19 21:25:44 +0000.
Sender:Massimo Cimmino.
Date:Monday, 28 September 2015 19:35:31 UTC+1.

Hi there,
( first of all forry for my poor english )
i want to congrats with you for the good works.
I was just wondering why the statistics collector doesn’t record the API Status Code response or if i’ve missed something.
I’m testing TYK on my infrastructure with a simple PHP API that creates a query on a non-relational database and, based on the query return, it gives a “status code” response.
Actually seems that tyk-dashboard records every response with “200” response code ( unless there’s a “blacklisted” endpoint ). Is there a way to collect the “real” status code response of my API?

Thanks in advance for your support

Best regards

Massimo

Imported Google Group message.
Sender:Martin Buhr.
Date:Tuesday, 29 September 2015 17:53:56 UTC+1.

Hi Massimo,
I did reply - odd it didn’t go through - here it is again:

Hi Massimo,
Yeah Tyk records it’s own status codes only, if I remember we correctly it basically treats a successful proxy as a success, even if the API is returning errors (since the request was proxied successfully and a response sent to the client)
TBH that’s probably something we should change. Will put it in the roadmap.
Cheers,
Martin

Date:Tuesday, 29 September 2015 17:06:08 UTC+1.

Am i said something stupid that don’t deserve an answer???

• show quoted text -

Date:Tuesday, 29 September 2015 17:18:48 UTC+1.

From my use of Tyk, usually, the status code is reflected from the API it is in front of. In other words, if you are getting a 200 response code, that is probably the code that is returning from the PHP API.

• Rilindo

• show quoted text -

• show quoted text -

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups “Tyk Community Support” group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to [email protected].
To view this discussion on the web, visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tyk-community-support/72e96be1-fdea-4f47-b002-a9d841ea722a%40googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

Sender:Rilindo Foster.
Date:Tuesday, 29 September 2015 17:31:40 UTC+1.

I can confirm you that my API return different status code that are always recorded as 200…
anyway …i’ve tryied to change the function recordhit in the handler_success and made the modify for my accomplishment

really thank you for your support!

Date:Tuesday, 29 September 2015 17:53:56 UTC+1.

Hi Massimo,
I did reply - odd it didn’t go through - here it is again:

Hi Massimo,
Yeah Tyk records it’s own status codes only, if I remember we correctly it basically treats a successful proxy as a success, even if the API is returning errors (since the request was proxied successfully and a response sent to the client)
TBH that’s probably something we should change. Will put it in the roadmap.
Cheers,
Martin