Timestamps in Dashboard Logs

Imported Google Group message. Original thread at: Redirecting to Google Groups Import Date: 2016-01-19 21:22:17 +0000.
Sender:Richard Hulm.
Date:Tuesday, 1 September 2015 12:17:15 UTC+1.

The gateway log has a nice time=“XXX” level=info msg=“XXX” format

The dashboard however seems to often just print messages like [154 μs] 200 ‘/’

We’re trying to set up a logstash filter to grab information out of these, would it be possible to standardise the log format? on always having the time,info and msg fields?

Imported Google Group message.
Sender:Martin Buhr.
Date:Tuesday, 1 September 2015 12:40:04 UTC+1.

Yeah, the logger that outputs that data unfortunately formats output in a really crappy way, it’s a middleware that is just there to time asset deliver, so it isn’t required. The logger is also, unfortunately, not compatible with our system-wide logger (comes with a third-party lib) we could jut bring the middleware in-app, but I don’t see the point as it adds little value beyond debugging.

I’ve made it an optional component in our master brach, can be enabled by using --speed as a command line option, and by default disabled, so you get nice clean output… You’ll need to wait for a new build though…

M.

• show quoted text -

Sender:Richard Hulm.
Date:Tuesday, 1 September 2015 12:40:04 UTC+1.

Yeah, the logger that outputs that data unfortunately formats output in a really crappy way, it’s a middleware that is just there to time asset deliver, so it isn’t required. The logger is also, unfortunately, not compatible with our system-wide logger (comes with a third-party lib) we could jut bring the middleware in-app, but I don’t see the point as it adds little value beyond debugging.

I’ve made it an optional component in our master brach, can be enabled by using --speed as a command line option, and by default disabled, so you get nice clean output… You’ll need to wait for a new build though…

M.

• show quoted text -

Sender:Martin Buhr.
Date:Tuesday, 1 September 2015 12:45:32 UTC+1.

Hi Martin,

Ahh that makes sense. Ok wasn’t too sure if any useful info would ever be delivered through there, but it being something we don’t have to worry about simplifies things

Cheers,

• show quoted text -