Problem in setting up Vagrant

I have followed the instructions to setup Tyk 1.9 and I get an error when running bootstrap (see below). User is generated but login fails.with credentials incorrect. I had a previous old version and I had no problem.

I was coming back to see the development since , but not setup the local test box before switching to a real environment.

vagrant@precise64:~$ sudo /opt/tyk-dashboard/install/bootstrap.sh api.myself.local
Creating Organisation
Traceback (most recent call last):
File “”, line 1, in
File “/usr/lib/python2.7/json/init.py”, line 278, in load
**kw)
File “/usr/lib/python2.7/json/init.py”, line 326, in loads
return _default_decoder.decode(s)
File “/usr/lib/python2.7/json/decoder.py”, line 366, in decode
obj, end = self.raw_decode(s, idx=_w(s, 0).end())
File “/usr/lib/python2.7/json/decoder.py”, line 384, in raw_decode
raise ValueError(“No JSON object could be decoded”)
ValueError: No JSON object could be decoded

That error means that the bootstrap couldn’t finish, nothing got bootstrapped.

Does api.myself.local resolve to 127.0.0.1?

If you visit api.myself.local:3000 do you get a tyk dash login screen?

The bootstrap script needs to be able to see the tyk dashboard install and interact with it, and you will have to have run ALL setup.sh steps, e.g. the services need to be running and set up correctly.

From the host OS, yes the entry was added to /etc/hosts as per step 0 and the dash was shown correctly. Just could not log-in (bad credentials with the ones provided). This looked pretty much as a 1.8 docker problem I have seen in the community.

I performed all the other steps. and the services were started. I connected to mongo succesfully from CLI. I expected some collections, for example for organzations as I had seen when I installed and used the 1.6 version.

What command did you use for setup.sh for both services?

Also, can you check the log files in /var/log (might be /var/log/upstart) and share them here?