Mac OSX

Imported Google Group message. Original thread at: Redirecting to Google Groups Import Date: 2016-01-19 21:03:50 +0000.
Sender:magvar1234.
Date:Thursday, 8 January 2015 03:42:49 UTC.

I am trying to run Tyk on my mac. I am running into issues with go language setup. Has anyone successfully setup Tyk on Mac?

Thanks

Imported Google Group message.
Sender:Martin Buhr.
Date:Thursday, 8 January 2015 10:37:03 UTC.

Hi,

I just tried compiling the binary for Darwin (OSX), and it seems to compile ine, though it’s untested (you may need to use a local configuration file, it defaults to /etc/tyk). I built it using Gox, which cross-compiles to different architectures:

martin@vyr ~/c/g/s/g/l/tyk> gox -os=“darwin”
Number of parallel builds: 4

→ darwin/386: GitHub - TykTechnologies/tyk: Tyk Open Source API Gateway written in Go, supporting REST, GraphQL, TCP and gRPC protocols
→ darwin/amd64: GitHub - TykTechnologies/tyk: Tyk Open Source API Gateway written in Go, supporting REST, GraphQL, TCP and gRPC protocols
martin@vyr ~/c/g/s/g/l/tyk> ls tyk_d*
tyk_darwin_386* tyk_darwin_amd64*

Have you taken a look at the Golang set up guide, you will also need the first setup bits of the How to Write Go Code guide? There’s a few things to do before you can up and start coding Golang on OSX. Also, remember you need to run go get in the tyk source directory in order to pull in all of the dependencies, we try to ensure that Tyk always works with the latest versions, as of the time of writing all tests pass.

Good luck!
Martin

Martin,

Is there a documentation on how to compile and install tyk-gateway for Mac?

• Dhandapani Ponnurangam