Hybrid gateway only updates APIs when I restart

Redis is used for storage of quota objects, sonjn a load balanced hybrid scenario the quota counters need to be in sync.

Also, we make heavy use of redis pub/sub, a key use casebis for the rate limiter, each gateway in a cluster needs to know what the load is of other gateways in order to correctly balance the rate limit of any inbound request, otherwise the rate limit would double each time you add an instance.

So if you have more than one gateway, you need shared redis.

Ahh - ok, thanks. Makes perfect sense!

Ok - I have this working now with a shared redis. Any word / news / progress on the overall bug? (e.g. adding endpoints to the api dashboard doesn’t update local hybrid instances)?

We’re still fixing it I’m afraid - I’d suggest just hot reloading the gateways with the curl command for now - either as a cron or manually.

I’m seeing this issue as well. Is there a link to a github issue we can follow?
Thanks.

The issue is being resolved in the next release which is about a week away. There isn’t a public issue available for this.

This is an old thread - but this still isn’t automatically updating when we make changes on our cloud dashboard. Should it be working by now?

Hi @mwtomew - Reloads should be working, there may be a connectivity issue with your deployment - can you get in touch with us on the helpdesk and we can help triage your installation?