Developer portal not found with 1.9

Imported Google Group message. Original thread at: Redirecting to Google Groups Import Date: 2016-01-19 21:33:10 +0000.
Sender:JC Wu.
Date:Thursday, 3 December 2015 11:46:01 UTC.

Hi Martin,

I set the tyk follow the Install Tyk on Red Hat Enterprise Linux , and create the the api successfully follow Set up your first API and Set up your first Portal

, but it show not found when I view mu developer portal.

What should I do, and I have met this question on 1.8, you told me I need the host manager.

Imported Google Group message.
Sender:Martin Buhr.
Date:Thursday, 3 December 2015 12:51:43 UTC.

Hi JC,

I don’t think the drop-down will allow it (we validate quite strictly for domain names - might relax that in future).

You can do it by manually editing the organisation record in Mongo (edit your Org and change the CNAME to your IP) or using the admin API to modify the organisation CNAME record - both do the same thing and bypass validation.

It might work, but there’s no real guarantee… because it may conflict with routing for the dashboard.

If you had an IP and a Hostname (e.g. someserver.mynetwork.somedomain.net - like Amazon AWS does with public DNS), it would work too.

Cheers,
Martin

Date:Thursday, 3 December 2015 11:55:02 UTC.

Hi JC,

Did you set the domain name for your portal as in this step:

https://tyk.io/v1.9/tutorial/set-up-portal-api/#step-6-set-your-portal-hostname:b4a940a28f68aca0b7fe0e28e62b2736

What exactly does it show? “Not Found” or “Home Page Not Found”

If the latter, then you forgot this step:
https://tyk.io/v1.9/tutorial/set-up-portal-api/#step-3-create-the-home-page:b4a940a28f68aca0b7fe0e28e62b2736

Also, remember the portal is on Port 3000 if you installed everything on the same box, so you’ll need to target port 3000, not 80

And is the DNS configured so that this hostname points at your RHEL box?

Cheers,
Martin

Date:Thursday, 3 December 2015 12:27:15 UTC.

Hi Martin,

It shows “Not found”,the url is “http://10.1.2.133:3000/565ef1b58c33f70813000001/portal/” when I click “Open you portal”.

Here is my configuration:

“host_config” : {
“override_hostname”: “apiManagerServer”,
“disable_org_slug_prefix”: true,
“enable_host_names”: true,
“hostname”: “10.1.2.133”,
“portal_domains”: {},
“portal_root_path”: “/portal”
},

And you mean I need edit the /etc/hosts file of my host?

在 2015年12月3日星期四 UTC+8下午7:55:02,Martin Buhr写道:

• show quoted text -

Date:Thursday, 3 December 2015 12:35:18 UTC.

Hi JC,

Again, did you complete this step (6):

https://tyk.io/v1.9/tutorial/set-up-portal-api/#step-6-set-your-portal-hostname:b4a940a28f68aca0b7fe0e28e62b2736

If your URL is like that then it looks like you haven’t

You must set a host name for your portal using the steps described (click the drop-down, click “Set your portal domain”), you can try it with the host IP address but it might fail because of conflicts with the dashboard and it’s not a valid host name. the hostname override that worked in v0.9.6 will not work for the portal anymore, this was mentioned in the upgrade notes.

You can always try it with a hosts entry - as described in step 6.

Cheers,
Martin

Date:Thursday, 3 December 2015 12:46:19 UTC.

Hi Martin,

You are right, I did not complete this step (6), and you means there is no way for make the portal work using IP?

Date:Thursday, 3 December 2015 12:51:43 UTC.

Hi JC,

I don’t think the drop-down will allow it (we validate quite strictly for domain names - might relax that in future).

You can do it by manually editing the organisation record in Mongo (edit your Org and change the CNAME to your IP) or using the admin API to modify the organisation CNAME record - both do the same thing and bypass validation.

It might work, but there’s no real guarantee… because it may conflict with routing for the dashboard.

If you had an IP and a Hostname (e.g. someserver.mynetwork.somedomain.net - like Amazon AWS does with public DNS), it would work too.

Cheers,
Martin

Date:Thursday, 3 December 2015 12:54:31 UTC.

Martin,

Thanks a lot.