Dev Portal URL?

Imported Google Group message. Original thread at: Redirecting to Google Groups Import Date: 2016-01-19 21:14:32 +0000.
Sender:Matthieu Nantern.
Date:Friday, 29 May 2015 13:43:57 UTC+1.

Hi !

I installed Tyk according to https://tyk.io/v1.6/setup/vagrant-setup/ and everything went well.

I then started the dashboard and created a new Org and a new user:

New organisation ID: 5568568556c02c099a000001

I added a fake keyless API (google). Where can I find the dev portal ? I tried http://localhost:3000/5568568556c02c099a000001/portal/ but I’ve got a “Home Page not found”

Any idea ?

Thanks !

Imported Google Group message.
Sender:Martin Buhr.
Date:Friday, 29 May 2015 13:52:25 UTC+1.

Hi Matthieu,

You need to init the portal - there is no configuration or home page out of the box :slight_smile:

Go to the “Portal” -> “Settings” page - you will see a warning message on the right saying a config has been created for you
Go to “Pages” and create a new one, at the bottom of this form is a “Set as home page” checkbox, enable this and save it
Go to the portal URL (you have the right one)

Note: The portal will look awful, because the templates use absolute paths for the static assets, I’d recommend pointing localhost at your VM and setting up NginX to rewrite your URL’s for you (there are templates in the host-manager directory that you can use).

Obviously you can just edit the templates, but that may take a while - the portal templates are designed to be served from a root domain.

Cheers,
Martin

• show quoted text -

Sender:Matthieu Nantern.
Date:Friday, 29 May 2015 14:30:14 UTC+1.

That explain a lot… Thank you it works now !

Is it possible for a dev to request a single key for multiple API ?

• show quoted text -

Sender:Martin Buhr.
Date:Friday, 29 May 2015 14:34:10 UTC+1.

Hi,

Yes - when you create your Policy to attach to your portal Catalogue entry, you can assign multiple access rules (a policy is essentailly a key template), so the key will give access to multiple APIs.

However, in the back end it will still say that the key gives access to the mapped API that is published with the API portal. We may get rid of this mapping in the future, but for the moment it keeps things clearer.

Thanks,
Martin

• show quoted text -