Dashboard User Can't Log In

Hi,
i followed the tutorial on docker quickstart https://tyk.io/tyk-documentation/get-started/with-tyk-on-premise/installation/docker/docker-quickstart/ on windows.

All containers are up and running. i run setup.sh and check mongodb for user and organisation. They are all there but i can’t log in dashboard. In mongodb user’s password field is empty. i add a password via robomongo but still can’t log in dashboard.

Any help?

Hi, what’s the output of setup.sh? Can you share the logs?

Using 127.0.0.1 as Tyk host address.
If this is wrong, please specify the instance IP address (e.g. ./setup.sh 192.168.1.1)
Creating Organisation
bash: python: command not found
ORG ID:
Adding new user
USER AUTH:
USER ID:
Setting password
Setting up the portal domain
Setting up the Portal catalogue
Setting target URL for Portal APIs
Creating the Portal Home page

DONE

Login at http://127.0.0.1:3000/
Username: [email protected]
Password: test123
Portal: http://www.tyk-portal-test.com/portal/

The setup script uses Python to format some of the JSON input/output that the dashboard handles.

I suggest installing Python and running the script again.

I installed python but still same output for setup.sh and still cant login to dashboard.

Hi Atilla,

You may need to add a symbolic link for your installation. If you’ve installed Python3.4, for example, on a Debian-based OS, you may need to run the following command before running the setup script:

sudo ln -s /usr/bin/python3.4 /usr/bin/python

If that doesn’t work and you continue to receive the same error message as before, there may be an issue with your Python installation and it might be worth uninstalling and later reinstalling it.

Kind regards,
Jess @ Tyk

Hi,

i am working on win 10.
By the way, for clarification, my problem is dashboard user. setup.sh actually put the user and organization. I don’t know if any other thing necessary. I can update user and organization documents myself without the setup.sh.

This is the user document that setup.sh saved. Can u check the user and tell me what is missing.

Hi Atilla,

If you’re still unable to log in as that user, it could be because (as you mentioned earlier) the password and OrgID haven’t been set. Usually one would expect to find a hashed password in the password field for that record and the ID of the Organisation generated in the orgid field.

If you’re unable to update the user’s password using robomongo, you may have to make an API call to the Dashboard in order to do this. Resetting a user’s password requires a POST request to be sent to /api/users/{user_id}/actions/reset and further details on how to do this can be found at this link.

Kind regards,
Jess @ Tyk

Hi,
I can update user document. I set password field “12345” but it doesn’t work(probably a hashed version is needed)
I will try to update via api call.

Ok i managed it after updating orgid.

thanks for all your help