Connect to Tyk Gateway docker container

Imported Google Group message. Original thread at: Redirecting to Google Groups Import Date: 2016-01-19 21:14:59 +0000.
Sender:Michael Wilson.
Date:Tuesday, 2 June 2015 18:57:50 UTC+1.

I need some clarification on how to deploy Tyk using Docker. If I want the gateway running on a server called api.example.com and the dashboard running on dashboard.example.com, is that possible? How do I expose API endpoints on the gateway? All the examples link the gateway and dashboard together.

Imported Google Group message.
Sender:Martin Buhr.
Date:Tuesday, 2 June 2015 21:16:49 UTC+1.

Hi Micheal,

The example docker configs all link the two together so that they can se each other, you could achieve the same result by ensuring that the two containers can see each other (e.g. network address), all the settings are in the tyk.conf and tyk_analytics.conf files.

Domains are handled by the host manager (if you wnt it automated), or via nginx if you are doing them manually, in which case you just need to set up your server blocks to rewrite the URLs appropriately for your domains (make sure the upstream proxy is set up correclty.

In fact, this is exacly hat the example docker configs do, they just use linking instead of host names - check out the templates in the host manager to see a sample domain rewrite.

If you look at our own quickstart script, it uses three containers and links them together, but only because of the underlying networking that gives us within the docker environemnt, you could do it all via IP address and ports if you wanted to.

Thanks,
Martin

On Tuesday, June 2, 2015 at 6:57:50 PM UTC+1, Michael Wilson wrote:
I need some clarification on how to deploy Tyk using Docker. If I want the gateway running on a server called api.example.com and the dashboard running on dashboard.example.com, is that possible? How do I expose API endpoints on the gateway? All the examples link the gateway and dashboard together.