Community Edition in Docker with Flat Files in Convoy EFS

Our current task is trying to run Tyk from Rancher, but with no Dashboard and using flat-files (Community Edition). In order to make this more automated, we want to use Convoy EFS to map volumes for those files so nothing is retained on the host.

We can stand up the whole Tyk Pro stack (with mongo and Dashboard) with Convoy EFS, and we can stand up gateway/pump/redis as a single stack, but without any sort of persistence.

Any suggestions on the best way to do flat files AND ConvoyEFS? We are very open to trying anything :smiley:

I’m afraid I can’t find any guidance or examples of this, I’m really interested to hear how you get on though, so if you could share your findings when you’re up and running, I’m sure it will be of benefit to others in the community.

That’s why I’m reaching out here - I’m hoping if someone has any ideas, it benefits everybody.

We have a guy on our team who has worked with rancher in the past - @matiasb can you shed any light on this one?

Hi, my experience with Rancher was on the orchestration API side, I haven’t used Convoy-NFS yet.
I’ve been reading the documentation. I suggest the following steps:

• Setup a volume, as specified here.
  • Mount it as /etc/tyk (to keep the compatibility with the original Tyk Docker image).
  • Make sure that the flat-files are accessible, e.g. try to cat or modify some API spec. in /etc/tyk.
  • Finally, try to run a standard Tyk Gateway container! It could be interesting to check its Dockerfile.

Thank you! I’ll give this a shot and get back to you.