Accessing Dashboard Analytics and Data from another portal

Imported Google Group message. Original thread at: Redirecting to Google Groups Import Date: 2016-01-19 21:19:59 +0000.
Sender:Senthil Muniswamy.
Date:Monday, 10 August 2015 17:38:37 UTC+1.

Hi,

We are using Tyk Gateway and have our own developer portal. We would like to show the Analytics in our portal. Do you have any recommendation on retrieving and showing them from the “Analytics and Data pages from the dashboard” or from database?

Thanks,
Senthil

Imported Google Group message.
Sender:Martin Buhr.
Date:Monday, 10 August 2015 18:06:19 UTC+1.

Hi Senthil,

Yes this is possible, though it isn’t documented and for security purposes you would need to write a server-side wrapper that makes the calls.

The dashboard gets its chart data from the same advanced management API that all the other dashboard functions work from.

The fastest thing to do would be to open up the console and view the XHR traffic that goes to the server when you open the dashboard page as there’s quite a few different ways of getting data. However it’s part of the same advanced management API that is documented on our site, so you can use one of your management user tokens to pull the analytics data.

I would not do this directly in the browser though as it would force you to expose your keys.

Let me know how you get on.

Cheers,
Martin

Sender:Senthil Muniswamy.
Date:Thursday, 13 August 2015 18:42:33 UTC+1.

Hi Martin,

Thanks for the suggestions, I got the URLs from the XHR traffic. I do not see these APIs under “Docs - Advanced Management API” menu. Please provide the link if it is documented in a different page.

I would like to show the statistics on the endpoints accessed using a particular key. Is there any API for this?

Regards,
Senthil

• show quoted text -

Sender:Martin Buhr.
Date:Thursday, 13 August 2015 18:57:10 UTC+1.

Hi Senthil,

Yes - the dashboard let’s you see Analytics by key, again you’ll need to grab the requests from the XHR request in the dashboard.

If you are running a hashed key set then you will need to use the hashed representation of the key.

We haven’t documented this API yet, we may do in the future though.

Many thanks,
Martin

• show quoted text -

• show quoted text -

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups “Tyk Community Support” group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to [email protected].
To view this discussion on the web, visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tyk-community-support/cbdc819b-62ab-438c-b959-a0afc1e421ef%40googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.